Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Best Steak at Universal?

Aug 31, 2017
CT
Hey everyone,

Taking a trip to Universal at the beginning of December. We will be staying on site for the first time and don’t intend to leave the resort. As my wife loves a good steak on vacation and all of our go-to places are offsite, what are the recommended places for a good steak on the UOR property? She normally goes with filet, but will get other types too if the flavor is there.

I’m not opposed to paying top dollar, if the cost is justified by the quality. For reference, we normally go to Bern’s in Tampa, which is typically a $200+ meal for us, but it’s about the best steak I will ever find. Nothing worse than paying $60 for what you felt was a good, not great, piece of meat. So any suggestions for anywhere on the property, hotels included, would be great. Thanks!

Edit- 1 final caveat, we prefer not to dress up if we don’t have to, so extra points for a place that allows for jeans and t shirts!

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Taking a trip to Universal at the beginning of December. We will be staying on site for the first time and don’t intend to leave the resort. As my wife loves a good steak on vacation and all of our go-to places are offsite, what are the recommended places for a good steak on the UOR property? She normally goes with filet, but will get other types too if the flavor is there.

I’m not opposed to paying top dollar, if the cost is justified by the quality. For reference, we normally go to Bern’s in Tampa, which is typically a $200+ meal for us, but it’s about the best steak I will ever find. Nothing worse than paying $60 for what you felt was a good, not great, piece of meat. So any suggestions for anywhere on the property, hotels included, would be great. Thanks!
Palm at The Hard Rock Hotel is a great steakhouse. It is pricey, but the food is fantastic.

Last edited:
Palm at The Hard Rock Hotel is a great steakhouse, but it is pricey. But the food is fantastic.

How did I know you’d be the first to answer this?! I have heard good things about Palm, since I’m not a huge steak person unless I’m really in the mood, I need to make sure I can find something worth the cost for me too. Thanks for the suggestion.

The prime double cut new York is decadent. $100 but serves two, sliced at table.:eat:
I put the menu link on Scott's thread.

Sounds good, if I’m in the mood for steak that night too. We normally share a chateaubriand at Bern’s I think.

The other thing I should mention is we aren’t huge on dressing up, so we’d love to find a quality steak at a place that doesn’t require dressy attire.

How did I know you’d be the first to answer this?! I have heard good things about Palm, since I’m not a huge steak person unless I’m really in the mood, I need to make sure I can find something worth the cost for me too. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sounds good, if I’m in the mood for steak that night too. We normally share a chateaubriand at Bern’s I think.

The other thing I should mention is we aren’t huge on dressing up, so we’d love to find a quality steak at a place that doesn’t require dressy attire.
My daughter always gets the Veal Parmigiana. It's one of the best I have ever tasted.

I'd wear a polo instead of a tee, but that's just me. When I'm paying that kind of money, I like to pretend I'm an adult.

True, but throwing on a polo and a nice pair of jeans as a guy is easier than having to put on a dress and heels as a woman, trust lol. We both hate having to dress up to go out because jeans are just soooo much more comfortable than a dress or a skirt for us. I’ll bring polos anyways, just saying, polos don’t dress up a woman like they do a man.

Both NBC & Toothsome offer steaks but I haven't had them so I can't attest to their quality.

NBC:
Creekston Farms 21 day dry aged, Midwest Black Angus Beef
All steaks served with asparagus and Yukon gold mashed potatoes and a choice of béarnaise or Bordelaise sauce
12 oz. New York Sirloin Strip - $39.95

Hand cut New York strip

10 oz. Top Sirloin Steak - $37.95
Hand cut steak

Toothsome:
Toothsome Signature Beef Filet Mignon Oscar - $46.95

Two 4 oz. filet medallions on a crouton topped with crab, asparagus, béarnaise sauce, lyonnaise potatoes

True, but throwing on a polo and a nice pair of jeans as a guy is easier than having to put on a dress and heels as a woman, trust lol. We both hate having to dress up to go out because jeans are just soooo much more comfortable than a dress or a skirt for us. I’ll bring polos anyways, just saying, polos don’t dress up a woman like they do a man.

I ate there last time and just wore black jeans and nice silky top. Not a crazy amount of effort and a lady can totally get away with flats or a nice pair or sandals! Worth it for my steak. :love:

I ate there last time and just wore black jeans and nice silky top. Not a crazy amount of effort and a lady can totally get away with flats or a nice pair or sandals! Worth it for my steak. :love:

It is so clear from my closet that I never dress up haha. I work from home so no dressy work clothes, my dressy attire consists of a nice dress for weddings and formal stuff, a couple pairs of dress pants for funerals and functions where my dress doesn’t work, and khakis, button downs, and polos. Oh and sweaters, because ya know, Connecticut living and all. Oh well, we will figure it out lol

It is so clear from my closet that I never dress up haha. I work from home so no dressy work clothes, my dressy attire consists of a nice dress for weddings and formal stuff, a couple pairs of dress pants for funerals and functions where my dress doesn’t work, and khakis, button downs, and polos. Oh and sweaters, because ya know, Connecticut living and all. Oh well, we will figure it out lol
Khaki and polo works for Palm

Palm at The Hard Rock Hotel is a great steakhouse. It is pricey, but the food is fantastic.

I’d agree that this is absolutely the best on property. Also the 3 cheese potato gratin are fantastic and plentiful! If it’s in your budget then I’d go for it but there are so many great choices you can’t go too wrong.

We have also tried Charley’s steakhouse on Idrive which is equally as expensive but not as good as the Palm IMO.