Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Blue Man Group

Because they keep on building hotel rooms and they know people want to enjoy attractions and they want to put buts in seats?
In that logic they wouldn't have build Kong and Velocicoaster, both empty lots that no one complained about...

You're assuming that the soundstage lot isn't used. When infact it's been an active production site for multiple television and films in the past few years alone.

__
I agree that there's a lot of sense to potentially having this ampitheater be turned more into a proper flex space. It'd give Universal a chance to use Soundstage 33 for park development (possibly Pets, as it can fit quite well into that space).

You're assuming that the soundstage lot isn't used. When infact it's been an active production site for multiple television and films in the past few years alone.

__
I agree that there's a lot of sense to potentially having this ampitheater be turned more into a proper flex space. It'd give Universal a chance to use Soundstage 33 for park development (possibly Pets, as it can fit quite well into that space).
Universal's soundstages are currently in use for a TV Show right now (David Makes Man), which also filmed it's first season at Universal in 2018. The Right Stuff was filmed there in 2019. When a show is in production, there's normally 3-4 Soundstages rented out at a time + the production building.

Universal's soundstages are currently in use for a TV Show right now (David Makes Man), which also filmed it's first season at Universal in 2018. The Right Stuff was filmed there in 2019.

Additionally, it's been used with one of the major wrestling groups frequently (I wanna say AEW, but I'm probably wrong).

It's not quiet, by any means of the word.

Additionally, it's been used with one of the major wrestling groups frequently (I wanna say AEW, but I'm probably wrong).

For the longest time, Soundstage 21 was the "Impact Zone" for TNA's Impact Pay-per-view productions. TNA was at Universal on and off from 2004-2018, but they left to tour, and now I don't even think they've attempted to do anything during Covid. Here's a little info on it: Impact Zone - Wikipedia

La Voz Kids (The Voice Kids) also filmed in the soundstages at USF from 2013-2016 for Telemundo.

Last edited:

__
I'm assuming nothing, I'm talking about the Blue Man Group theater that has been years not in use as a production studio. I suggested they could use the building for the park, during the period they put something new in Kidszone. After that time it could still be used for the park or be an upcharge show like BM or be another studio for movie/tv production.

Honestly, I think the article ignored the biggest possibility in all this. I don’t think it’s Universal saying, “Get out.” It’s more likely Cirque is saying, “Why keep a show running that isn’t entirely ‘ours’ and only operating at half capacity?” It’s far more likely it’s not coming back because most of them aren’t coming back.

If THAT’S the case, then it’s far more likely the parks may simply be considering it for a temporary thing (like SING Live) until something more permanent is decided.

Honestly, I think the article ignored the biggest possibility in all this. I don’t think it’s Universal saying, “Get out.” It’s more likely Cirque is saying, “Why keep a show running that isn’t entirely ‘ours’ and only operating at half capacity?” It’s far more likely it’s not coming back because most of them aren’t coming back.

If THAT’S the case, then it’s far more likely the parks may simply be considering it for a temporary thing (like SING Live) until something more permanent is decided.

Now, this is a more interesting discussion.

BMG partners with Universal and Luxor for their shows, but both are in highly touristy areas and I can see them staying. They own the theater in NY outright. I could see Chicago and Boston closing, though. Also, Orlando is the "largest" of their shows at over 1000 seats. The Cirque comment also applies to Drawn to Life too.

As for the "half capacity" notes, the show is designed to run at both full and half capacity, with a curtain drawn to cut the back half out if necessary. So the show can financially work at half capacity. Plus the show is doing better now than it was pre-Potter.

After thinking about this overnight, I think there's someone in Ops who'd like to take over the theater but their "want" doesn't mean anything if there's no show to run in its place or if CityWalk and the rest of management want to keep the show (let alone any contracts they must uphold).

Now, this is a more interesting discussion.

BMG partners with Universal and Luxor for their shows, but both are in highly touristy areas and I can see them staying. They own the theater in NY outright. I could see Chicago and Boston closing, though. Also, Orlando is the "largest" of their shows at over 1000 seats. The Cirque comment also applies to Drawn to Life too.

As for the "half capacity" notes, the show is designed to run at both full and half capacity, with a curtain drawn to cut the back half out if necessary. So the show can financially work at half capacity. Plus the show is doing better now than it was pre-Potter.

After thinking about this overnight, I think there's someone in Ops who'd like to take over the theater but their "want" doesn't mean anything if there's no show to run in its place or if CityWalk and the rest of management want to keep the show (let alone any contracts they must uphold).
There's also a Fright Yard behind SS24 & 25

So expansion would be tough

Sharing our write-up

For the longest time, Soundstage 21 was the "Impact Zone" for TNA's Impact Pay-per-view productions. TNA was at Universal on and off from 2004-2018, but they left to tour, and now I don't even think they've attempted to do anything during Covid. Here's a little info on it: Impact Zone - Wikipedia

It's a dated discussion at this point, but for the sake of clarification:

WWE - Has hopped between Full Sail, WWE Performance Center, Amway Center, and is now at Tropicana Field. Currently has to leave the Trop in April when baseball starts up (assuming the season isn't postponed)

AEW - Daily's Place in Jacksonville during the pandemic

Impact - As Nick said, they left Universal a while back. Has been using Nashville as a home base for filming during the pandemic. Can't imagine they have any plans to return seeing as they sold props, changed owners, etc since leaving the "Impact Zone".

Hate to see it go. Only saw it once, a few years ago. but we always stopped and banged on the instruments on the walk between USF and IOA.

This, particularly ,was fun to watch: