Bourne Stuntacular Coming to USH? (Rumor) | Inside Universal Forums

Bourne Stuntacular Coming to USH? (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
Since the rumor is gaining steam from Alicia's newest video on her Parkstop channel, I figured I would start a thread.

What are your thoughts? Could we see a total tear-down of SES to make way for this? Or will they try to repurpose the existing structure.

If they do indeed tear down SES to make this happen (And I think this will be the case), it will be kind of funny to think how they're essentially going to be rebuilding the T2 building when the structure already exists down the path for another ride.

I'd rather both these rumors were Other IPs....but cool

I hope we see them but also hope they are going to be working on more then one thing at once...I dont want this stunt show pushing back DK like 4 years from now. Hoping they allow some years to have more then one attraction open up

Disney and Universal many times act like its illegal to do this now of days but its not and USH needs to beef up before the Olympics especially Covid

So I'll move this from Special Effects Show, but The Bourne Stuntacular is a fascinating case to where it has more than enough to vastly differentiate itself compared to that of Waterworld, especially with how they blended in the digital and physical.

I hope we see them but also hope they are going to be working on more then one thing at once...I dont want this stunt show pushing back DK like 4 years from now. Hoping they allow some years to have more then one attraction open up
You're assuming DK is planned for USH at all ;)
I think this show is great for the park - a small-footprint, high capacity, high tech attraction, plus another show in a park that is constantly losing them, is great. I'd prefer another IP as well, but the show seems good enough that I don't really mind; after all, nobody sees Waterworld because they were such big fans of the movie. DK, on the other hand, is another big land for one attraction, something that I don't think would suit this park at all

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
You're assuming DK is planned for USH at all ;)
I think this show is great for the park - a small-footprint, high capacity, high tech attraction, plus another show in a park that is constantly losing them, is great. I'd prefer another IP as well, but the show seems good enough that I don't really mind; after all, nobody sees Waterworld because they were such big fans of the movie. DK, on the other hand, is another big land for one attraction, something that I don't think would suit this park at all
DK would have huge lines

it’s a fun, themed coaster connected to one of the biggest IPs ever…it would have lines

also like I said, I’m fine with the show but rather have a better IP. Water world is at least at unique idea compared to spy (not that I hate spy movies Bourne to me Just more boring in the genre of film)

I wish Comcast could buy MGM studios so that it would be possible to have a James Bond stuntacular show as opposed to Bourne.

If I had to take a guess, Bourne in 2025, F&F coaster in 2028, and something replacing Supercharged in between? That timeline makes the most sense to me at least.

Assuming they are back to the yearly investment (which seems like it with Falls Lake being 2022, SNW being for 2023), I think it's very possible that F&F and Bourne are sooner than later.

Here’s what I’m thinking:

22: Surprise tram addition? (SES demo’d after HHN?)
23: Nintendo (Mummy closes early ‘23)
24: Bourne/DK?
25: Fast and Furious (Supercharged closes)
26: Quick conversion for Supercharged overlay

I doubt they’re going to take their time on the F&F coaster. The powers that be acknowledge the park needs a good major coaster asap.

Bourne feels like a win for USH, a popular IP and something different rather than more of the same.
Any plans will surely have to include a total rebuild of the foundations on the SES side of the upper lot

Last edited:
Reactions: SailwiththeTide
Something I recently thought about:

If this does happen, will they try to copy the footprint and seating area of the T2 building, or will they “downsize” the building and make it closer to the SES theater footprint while trying to keep/up the capacity?

In other words, while the show will be exactly the same, will they downsize the seating area and make the seats closer together and shorten the room?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Something I recently thought about:

If this does happen, will they try to copy the footprint and seating area of the T2 building, or will they “downsize” the building and make it closer to the SES theater footprint while trying to keep/up the capacity?

In other words, while the show will be exactly the same, will they downsize the seating area and make the seats closer together and shorten the room?

I'd assume they'd demolish the building no matter what. I could've sworn there have been rumors on the grading starting to give, so if either this or Bourne are present, odds are AA and Castle would need a full tear down.

Guessing it'd be mostly the same as Orlando's in size, though with perhaps a redone queue to better match the area around it.

I'd assume they'd demolish the building no matter what. I could've sworn there have been rumors on the grading starting to give, so if either this or Bourne are present, odds are AA and Castle would need a full tear down.

Guessing it'd be mostly the same as Orlando's in size, though with perhaps a redone queue to better match the area around it.

Probably an opportunity to push further a little further out on the hillside than AA & SES currently do as well?

Been thinking about this with what @Chris Galindo mentioned on Studio Tour...what if both are connected in a sense? As in, what if say, a Bourne Stuntacular project coincided right next to a new Studio Tour plaza? One that could act as a mini Production Central?

Would mean it's a Lower Lot project of-course, but it would make sense as a power-bomb duo for starting the pavement for Lower Lot growth. Just something I thought of out of curiosity, as I can see that.

Been thinking about this with what @Chris Galindo mentioned on Studio Tour...what if both are connected in a sense? As in, what if say, a Bourne Stuntacular project coincided right next to a new Studio Tour plaza? One that could act as a mini Production Central?

Would mean it's a Lower Lot project of-course, but it would make sense as a power-bomb duo for starting the pavement for Lower Lot growth. Just something I thought of out of curiosity, as I can see that.
Hopefully the stage can also be used for HHN shows and or other events. But this would make way more sense then just putting it in the old SE building