Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

In the seemingly reoccurring theme of news continuing for BGW, the county approved the 355ft height extension for the park. Which is good news for the fan-dubbed "Drachen Spire" project.

Good for the park, though admittedly unlike Darkoaster, it's not a project I'm gonna' postpone my trip an extra year for.

This idea is lame as hell, I hope they are considering a full circuit coaster for this space

A Vekoma Bermuda Blitz in the same color scheme as Drachen Fire would be my choice

IDK just not feeling the 300+ft shuttle concept

This idea is lame as hell, I hope they are considering a full circuit coaster for this space

A Vekoma Bermuda Blitz in the same color scheme as Drachen Fire would be my choice

IDK just not feeling the 300+ft shuttle concept

Agree. I don't like shuttle coasters to begin with due to the decrease in capacity. If a park is going giga-sized, go all in with a full circuit layout and some awesome elements. You look at Kondaa or Hyperion and take those to a giga's possibilities and now you're talking about a giga coaster that will appeal to people with good capacity.

Agree. I don't like shuttle coasters to begin with due to the decrease in capacity. If a park is going giga-sized, go all in with a full circuit layout and some awesome elements. You look at Kondaa or Hyperion and take those to a giga's possibilities and now you're talking about a giga coaster that will appeal to people with good capacity.

For me I'm totally fine with something like a shuttle loop since it works well as a short n' sweet concept. But when you're trying to go for a giga shuttle with not much of a layout to traverse, it feels like a total waste of a concept. It's just not enough for the low capacity it'll have, even if it does have two trains.

Ultimately, it feels like this is being made solely to take the record of tallest coaster in the area and that's it. Just a gimmick-grab of a coaster with no substance.

It's been pointed out that due to the layout, there's ample space to put another coaster in the area. But yeah, overall, it's just not an exciting concept compared to Pantheon which just opened or the DarKoaster project.

Giga's are overrated IMO

None of the one's I've ridden are in my top 20

Last edited:
Just rode Pantheon-- it's really a "best of" Velocicoaster with the best elements of it. Overall I think I liked it better than Velocicoaster as a ride, but Velocicoaster has the overall theme/experience to make it a better attraction. I forgive the lack of theme elements since it's obvious they spent a LOT of money on the ride.

I believe that was the location they planned to build a hotel there, which was supposed to have its own train station. We'll see...

Between the announcement tomorrow and the new permits for Drachen Fyre's old spot, it looks like an exciting couple of years for BGW.

220' height sounds like a prefect size for an RMC. After the great buzz they got from Iron Gwazi (and for less money than Pantheon or any Intamin), I have a feeling we'll see Iron Drachen rising there for 2024.

Between the announcement tomorrow and the new permits for Drachen Fyre's old spot, it looks like an exciting couple of years for BGW.

220' height sounds like a prefect size for an RMC. After the great buzz they got from Iron Gwazi (and for less money than Pantheon or any Intamin), I have a feeling we'll see Iron Drachen rising there for 2024.

Fully agreed, and I'd be a happy camper if they canned the Drachen Spire idea. That idea was nothing but a pointless gimmick to say the least. A more full-fledged coaster has a chance of being a much better addition.

Just another reminder that I really need to get back to BGW. I need to pick up this, Pantheon, Griffon, Verbolten, Tempesto & InvadR. Park has grown LEAPS & bounds since it was my home park.