Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Many are speculating this will have significant capacity issues. Since the actual traveled track is only about two thirds of the installed track, it's evident the ride will be using some of the same track twice. Therefore, it's possible there'll be only one car
on the track at a time. And with that car only holding ten people , like wow, on capacity issues. ....Otherwise , I think it's good they are utilizing the under used building for an attraction. BGW really needs a little diversity from 'outdoor' coasters. The
once proud formerly diversified park has just become another coaster park in an area of the country that has a zillion coaster parks already.

Many are speculating this will have significant capacity issues. Since the actual traveled track is only about two thirds of the installed track, it's evident the ride will be using some of the same track twice. Therefore, it's possible there'll be only one car
on the track at a time. And with that car only holding ten people , like wow, on capacity issues. ....Otherwise , I think it's good they are utilizing the under used building for an attraction. BGW really needs a little diversity from 'outdoor' coasters. The
once proud formerly diversified park has just become another coaster park in an area of the country that has a zillion coaster parks already.
There can be a car in load and a car on the course, I'm curious if one can park just before load...still not great, but it's what they had to work with

I think it will be a wonderful addition

And we get an alleged hyper next year so.....

Between the announcement tomorrow and the new permits for Drachen Fyre's old spot, it looks like an exciting couple of years for BGW.

220' height sounds like a prefect size for an RMC. After the great buzz they got from Iron Gwazi (and for less money than Pantheon or any Intamin), I have a feeling we'll see Iron Drachen rising there for 2024.

While I'd love a Mack hyper...an RMC would be very very interesting

The parks do like to echo each other, with exceptions

There can be a car in load and a car on the course, I'm curious if one can park just before load...still not great, but it's what they had to work with

I think it will be a wonderful addition

And we get an alleged hyper next year so.....

While I'd love a Mack hyper...an RMC would be very very interesting

The parks do like to echo each other, with exceptions
even two ten person cars is going to be really really low capacity. Some are speculating that it's probably going to be in the vicinity of 300 hr. with a 600 hr. if everything is perfect.......That said....I do like the addition.

Last edited:
I mean they (and several other parks) installed a Sky Rocket which has theoretically less capacity with one train. And low capacity just boosts their pay to cut the line program.

Reactions: shiekra38
even two ten person cars is going to be really really low capacity. Some are speculating that it's probably going to be in the vicinity of 300 hr. with a 600 hr. if everything is perfect.......That said....I do like the addition.

Maybe they are anticipating that this ride will fill a gap in the lineup but not be a huge crowd magnet?

Maybe they are anticipating that this ride will fill a gap in the lineup but not be a huge crowd magnet?

Probably. The park did just get Pantheon, and the coaster build is probably relatively cheap. The park does need more 'flats' or small rides.

I'm glad to see them take another crack at an indoor themed attraction, but dismayed at how bad verbolten had gotten last I rode (2019). Hope it's in much better shape after COVID... But curious to see how this thing ages and how the shows and scenic work and look. The park has not been the same for some time.

Reactions: SkiBum
I wonder if this will have a pre-show? The old one from Darkastle was great to set up the story

As far as capacity goes. Their more headliner rides are B&Ms with very high throughput.

I don't consider this a headliner just because it has projection mapping and is in a castle

Reactions: SkiBum
Water Country USA announced Riptide Race for the 2023 season: Water Country USA

WCW_RiptideRace_Hero.jpg

Soooo RMC through out a hint that a Giga is coming

This is a two step rumor, but should BGW get its "Iron Gwazi", what if it was the Giga Hybrid RMC is teasing?

Also a Drachen Fire tribute would be dope

Soooo RMC through out a hint that a Giga is coming

This is a two step rumor, but should BGW get its "Iron Gwazi", what if it was the Giga Hybrid RMC is teasing?

Also a Drachen Fire tribute would be dope
The approval they just got was only 220'-- I'd guess the giga RMC is going to a Cedar Fair park that doesn't have an RMC yet and is worthy of a giga. I's say either Canada's Wonderland, Kings Island, Carrowinds, or Knott's would all be in the running...

Reactions: shiekra38
The approval they just got was only 220'-- I'd guess the giga RMC is going to a Cedar Fair park that doesn't have an RMC yet and is worthy of a giga. I's say either Canada's Wonderland, Kings Island, Carrowinds, or Knott's would all be in the running...
That Drachen Spire concept would have been over 300ft, so I know they're interested in doing it

Although a Hyper Hybrid would be a great addition for the park regardless

I lament the fact that BGW used to be a well diversified park with lots of live entertainment to boot. Now, it's just become another 'Coaster Park'. That's fine for people who only care about coasters,
but there's plenty of similar parks in the northeast and nearby. It's no longer a theme park for everyone, as it was under AB. And it's attendance, or lack of, substantiates that. Sad.

I lament the fact that BGW used to be a well diversified park with lots of live entertainment to boot. Now, it's just become another 'Coaster Park'. That's fine for people who only care about coasters,
but there's plenty of similar parks in the northeast and nearby. It's no longer a theme park for everyone, as it was under AB. And it's attendance, or lack of, substantiates that. Sad.

The massive dip in quality, food and otherwise, is also VERY noticeable. When I lived in the area and was a passholder, When I had nothing planned for the day or was driving near it with nothing on the agenda, before the cuts, I'd stop by for some food, a couple coasters and a show. Then one day it's like they stopped actually grilling at Trapper's, The sausage pretzel changed, etc. Things were no longer fresh, and Howl-O-Scream's quality dropped immensely.

The new rides look great, but there hasn't been enough to compel me to get excited about returning to the park in a long time. It's more of a chore to check it off the list, with a faint dull excitement that it's offerings will improve each year, only to be disappointed each and every time. The new rides are all excellent, but the charm, the food, the shows, they all have lacked the past 7+ or so years. It really is a shell of it's former self, even with all the new rides.

Sometimes it really is the little things.

• Sad
Reactions: Mad Dog
The massive dip in quality, food and otherwise, is also VERY noticeable. When I lived in the area and was a passholder, When I had nothing planned for the day or was driving near it with nothing on the agenda, before the cuts, I'd stop by for some food, a couple coasters and a show. Then one day it's like they stopped actually grilling at Trapper's, The sausage pretzel changed, etc. Things were no longer fresh, and Howl-O-Scream's quality dropped immensely.

The new rides look great, but there hasn't been enough to compel me to get excited about returning to the park in a long time. It's more of a chore to check it off the list, with a faint dull excitement that it's offerings will improve each year, only to be disappointed each and every time. The new rides are all excellent, but the charm, the food, the shows, they all have lacked the past 7+ or so years. It really is a shell of it's former self, even with all the new rides.

Sometimes it really is the little things.
Exactly. Used to love the park, as much as the Orlando parks. I quit going the year after Blackstone. It's such a waste of beautiful surroundings. It's just another coaster park now. Those are fine for teenagers
and twentysomethings, but there's already plenty of coaster parks in the northeast and Ohio. That extra stuff they've neglected are what attracts the higher spending customers to the park. There's been a real lack of
good business sense in the BGW management.

To no surprise whatsoever, Mach Tower is closing Jan. 8th. It should be noted that it's running its regular drop program during CMT instead of the observation mode since it's in its final weeks.

While I'm very happy they finally did something with the space (and even more happy that it actually continues the DarKastle story), the ride itself seems... rather lackluster. Not much theming, coaster itself doesn't seem very exciting, and overall just has a bit of a cheap feel to it.

I think I speak for many when I say a revival of the original attraction would've been better (especially considering it seemed to all still be intact before DarKoaster construction), but oh well.

Reactions: Mad Dog