Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

BGWFans suggesting the next coaster (300'+ shuttle launch) has been postponed and hints that Dark Kastle could be part of the 2023 plans now.

They mention a road trip (I assume to Florida) to offer a hint/preview so I assume it's either something being copied from another park, or since Sally is based here...

They mention the Florida trip would be for a different SEAS park.

BGWFans suggesting the next coaster (300'+ shuttle launch) has been postponed and hints that Dark Kastle could be part of the 2023 plans now.

They mention a road trip (I assume to Florida) to offer a hint/preview so I assume it's either something being copied from another park, or since Sally is based here...

The DarKastle hint is pretty big news to say the least, maybe they found out that using that big building for a few seasonal events wasn't the best idea? Should be interesting to see what kind of dark ride it's revived as.

As for the Florida trip, I don't think it's a copy of something since it's seemingly hinting/pointing at "Project Penguin" being a coaster.

New article from BGW Fans hits at the end more about DarKastle replacement.

Does anyone have any of their own speculation about what BGW 2023 DarKastle plans might be...

I would love to hear them...

Apparently it may become Dark Koaster (or some variation)...
Something like Cobra's Curse with the DarKastle theme could be fun

A Sally shooter though would also be a great addition

D Spire feels like a conspiracy theory at this point...but I wouldn't be surprised if BGT got the Giga first

I have no idea how much they kept, but if some of it is still in tact, this would make the most sense.

There is very little vertical space to work with. I can only see this working if this goes outside the building.

Indoor coasters do not need to be in tall buildings. Take a look at the indoor horror coaster Van Helsing’s Factory at Movie Park Germany, which I think could easy fit in a building like Darkastle.

Last edited:
Indoor coasters do not need to be in tall buildings. Take a look at the indoor horror coaster Van Helsing’s Factory at Movie Park Germany, which I think could easy fit in a building like Darkastle.

This would be a great addition, particularly if they kept the DarKastle story

I'm glad the coaster is sexy, because the lack of landscaping is kind of disappointing

That being said...this may be in the Top 5 best coasters in the US

I know. I hope that they plant some trees which would significantly improve the aesthetic. One gripe I have with Orion at Kings Island is that they deforested the entire area and haven't planted any trees to replace. Mind you, at 90 mph you don't notice it as much but it would improve the coaster.

There are individual elements of this coaster that I’m really exciting to experience, but overall, I don’t know, it just feels like the pacing is all off. It feels too stop and go to me.

There are individual elements of this coaster that I’m really exciting to experience, but overall, I don’t know, it just feels like the pacing is all off. It feels too stop and go to me.
Yeah I think this is setting out to achieve something different than Velocicoaster

Veloci tends to be tight and whippy where this seems to be drawn out and "soaring" elements

Although, the lack of something snappy like a Mosasaurus Roll at the end of this may keep Veloci just above this

I also believe IG with definitely be better than this

However, I can't ignore the fact that a "rollback" every time and the quick switch track is one of the more genius things Intamin has ever done

Imagine having a rollback on Veloci's top hat everytime :heart:

Having seen this area in person, it’s really sparse… it’s definitely just a coaster in a grass field. When you compare that to *checks notes* every other coaster at BGW, it just seems weird. And it’s not like the surrounding foliage is going to fill out - the difference between Alpengeist now and when it opened over two decades ago (god, I’m old) is night and day.

I doubt I’ll be going on this anytime soon though - BGW seems to be an operational ****show these days so I don’t really have much desire to work it in.

I'm glad the coaster is sexy, because the lack of landscaping is kind of disappointing

That being said...this may be in the Top 5 best coasters in the US

There's a LOT of coasters in the USA...

I know. I hope that they plant some trees which would significantly improve the aesthetic. One gripe I have with Orion at Kings Island is that they deforested the entire area and haven't planted any trees to replace. Mind you, at 90 mph you don't notice it as much but it would improve the coaster.
Hopefully there's some landscaping being added around it before/when it opens.

For a park that's rated the most beautiful park in North America since the 90s the lack of any sort of landscaping or trees is inexcusable.