Busch Parks to be sold? | Inside Universal Forums

Busch Parks to be sold?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 4, 2012
Virginia Beach
Behind the Thrills just posted this on twitter: Unfortunately this falls in line with rumors that we've heard about swp&e selling off the Busch Gardens chain.

Given that BGW is having MAJOR budget problems right now,(So much they had to cut an attraction) I am honestly not surprised. Thoughts?

What attraction did BGW cut?...I'd like to see a new more committed owner. BGW was always one of my favorite parks to visit but they have really gutted the live entertainment since Blackstone took over.

How expensive could that ride possibly be to run? It's a motion simulator.

How expensive could that ride possibly be to run? It's a motion simulator.

If it's not a popular attraction, they can cut the entire staff out of the budget and not affect customer satisfaction. Can't say that with other rides.

And having been on EitA, it's awful. People won't miss it.

I found it weird that it was closed with no warning from BGW, and it left Ireland with no rides, the entire hamlet is literally shops, a restaurant, and one theater.

I found it weird that it was closed with no warning from BGW, and it left Ireland with no rides, the entire hamlet is literally shops, a restaurant, and one theater.

That's right. They shut down their other Ireland attraction a few years ago for a Meet & Greet. BGW needs a new owner that's committed. It's too beautiful a park to be run by the likes of Blackstone and In Bev before. It was great when the Anhauser Busch company ran it before all the beer mergers. It used to have live entertainment on the WDW or Universal level.

Can't see Universal buying a park that's 80 miles away... but if anyone will, its Comcast or Merlin, because Disney is a 0% chance :lol: