Busch Parks to be sold? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Busch Parks to be sold?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wonder if this could be a way for Paramount to buy its way into the Central Fl market
When they first had King's Island it was themed pretty well. At that time it was more of a Theme Park than a Coaster Park. If they used that philosophy again, it could fit the Florida tourist market.

I don't want this to happen, but...Cedar Fair for BGT, please! They won't touch BGW with Kings Dominion maybe an hour away.

I really don't want this to happen, though, because its another Annual Pass to buy. :lol:

[SUP][/SUP]

Like Cedar Fair or Six Flags? Yes I could see one of those running the Busch Gardens parks. Maybe even renaming them, since Busch hasn't owned them in a long time.

Six Flags would be a bad fit for the Williamsburg park considering that Six Flags America is only about a 1 hour drive from that park.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder if this could be a way for Paramount to buy its way into the Central Fl market

Paramount left the North American market when they sold all of their parks to Cedar Fair in 2004. I think they sold off the rest of their parks worldwide around the same time.

Would it be more likely that someone bought the parks and didn't rename/rebrand? From a marketing standpoint it wouldnt be feasible to spend money on that.

I enjoy the photo with the caption "A large crowd is forming outside the ride’s entrance demanding answers" when clearly it's 2-3 families walking up to the greeter, and no one appears to be demanding answers.

Six flags Over Florida :rofl:
You know that when six flags uses "Six Flags Over..." they do that for a reason and it's not just an arbitrary label right?

It represents the six countries whose flags have flown over the state, and goes with 6 themed lands to represent each (when each of the parks opened). That's why it's Six Flags Great Adventure, not Six Flags Over New Jersey.
SFOT: Spain, France, Mexico, the Confederacy, Texas and the United States of America.
SFOG: Mexico, France, Georgia, the Confederacy, Great Britain and the United States of America.

What attraction did BGW cut?...I'd like to see a new more committed owner. BGW was always one of my favorite parks to visit but they have really gutted the live entertainment since Blackstone took over.

The joys of private equity taking over a business. Hopefully a quality owner will be found.

Next year when Diagon Alley opens, Sea World Orlando will probably take a big hit in attendance like they did when HP1 opened. Antarctica is not the attendance booster they thought it would be. What will Blackstone's reaction be to that?

Sorry to be the voice of doom, but if these parks were sustainable, Shamu probably wouldn't be looking to unload them fast. I don't hear anything about BGW, but word from SW employees and Tampa friends has been that BGT hasn't been setting the world on fire lately--Howl-O-Scream was on the chopping block last year, for instance. I think we need to at least consider the possibility that the land and coasters may be worth more as separate inventory.

Although if that happened Roodles the high standard of the park may take a hit but it could become stable financially

I wouldn't say Alton Towers or Thorpe are low standard parks...nor is Legoland..If anything it would be a continuation of quality

Merlin have been trying to get a foothold in the US and buying Busch would help cement this.

I go to Alton a lot and thorpe twice a year although they are great parks Busch parks would be a definite step up for Merlin. They do manage their budgets well but ride and attraction maintenance could be improved.

What is the latest on Merlins I Drive venture? not heard anything in a while.

I just want to throw this out there, but Merlin and Busch are both owned by blackstone...
Yes, that's correct. I remember when Blackstone first made the SW purchase there were questions about animal treatment since Merlin has an animal policy that doesn't quite jive with Sea World. Best thing that happened to Universal was Blackstone leaving. These investment groups are usually only interested in sucking out just about everything they can before selling their interests.