Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So Uni released a deal for $99/night Family Suites for APH for select nights from 10/30-12/21. I'm thinking of taking advantage for right at the end of HHN. For those who have stayed there, what is better, a Tower suite or a Courtyard suite?

Tower suites are known to have paper thin walls, courtyard rooms are super quiet. I prefer courtyard rooms because they're closer to the park (I usually walk) and I've never had a bad experience there (as I said, you can hear the next room in Tower suites). You can always walk to the other pool (as I always do).

Reactions: Mad Dog
So Uni released a deal for $99/night Family Suites for APH for select nights from 10/30-12/21. I'm thinking of taking advantage for right at the end of HHN. For those who have stayed there, what is better, a Tower suite or a Courtyard suite?

You want courtyard (outside doors) but I checked and no availability for the 4th or the 5th

You want courtyard (outside doors) but I checked and no availability for the 4th or the 5th
There was availability for that time when I checked earlier. However that's not likely when i'm planning on going anyway. I wasn't meaning the complete end of HHN, i'm talking over Halloween weekend.

Booked!

2-night Courtview Family Suite For a birthday & HHN in just a few days. The only other Universal hotel i've ever stayed at was Portofino for a few nights last summer, so this is definitely complete opposite of the spectrum.

I was considering Sapphire for the days there, but there's no real incentive for me to spend the extra money per night when the family suites are about 70 sq ft bigger than a Sapphire standard room and the on-site benefits at the hotel are the same (early park access). The only thing Sapphire has over CBBR (for me) is boat transport and a more complete/classier overall resort. However, I can easily walk over to Strong Water Tavern or something like that if I want from CBBR as that's all i'd really care about.

Booked!

2-night Courtview Family Suite For a birthday & HHN in just a few days. The only other Universal hotel i've ever stayed at was Portofino for a few nights last summer, so this is definitely complete opposite of the spectrum.

I was considering Sapphire for the days there, but there's no real incentive for me to spend the extra money per night when the family suites are about 70 sq ft bigger than a Sapphire standard room and the on-site benefits at the hotel are the same (early park access). The only thing Sapphire has over CBBR (for me) is boat transport and a more complete/classier overall resort. However, I can easily walk over to Strong Water Tavern or something like that if I want from CBBR as that's all i'd really care about.

You better watch out.. they built a huge fence that makes it almost impossible to cross

You better watch out.. they built a huge fence that makes it almost impossible to cross

It may not seem like much, but it will discourage many to not cross. In urban planning we call that active discouragement instead of passive discouragement. The fence demonstrates that you should not cross. The lack of a sidewalk did that before but that doesn't work as well because there's no physical barrier to overcome.

There's an off-shoot from the Garden Bridge for Sapphire guests now, no? Because that's an easy way around that.

Yeah, there's one just as you cross over the road from CBBR. It's only recently completed as of a few weeks ago.

They need to get signage sorted as it could be easily missed. It looks like a path only staff would use. I think it takes you down to their pool.

Reactions: Nick
I just came back from staying there for a week and stayed in the Tower hallway rooms on the 7th floor. It was pretty quiet for the most part. Also I liked how they had the ice/coke machine/laundry room nearby. I don't know how close these would be for the motel section though.

From what I saw/experienced I would prefer the towers rooms.

What keeps you from just walking around the fence to where the sidewalk meets the road? Just looking at the pic, that is what I would have done even without the fence there. Could they just not want people walking through the plants?

What keeps you from just walking around the fence to where the sidewalk meets the road? Just looking at the pic, that is what I would have done even without the fence there. Could they just not want people walking through the plants?

B70qQNkCYAA9QPi.jpg

It does seem a little pointless. :lol:

The crossing is not designed for peds. You take your life in your hands if you misjudge the lights.

I hope they pay for the traffic study and get permission to install a crosswalk with the lights but for now the long walk up to the overpass is safest

Reactions: awhen and Joel
Surprised so many here prefer the Courtyard suites. I prefer Tower myself.. especially the proximity to the lazy river, the pool with underwater music, and the Hideaway Bar & Grill.

Reactions: amityboattours
Surprised so many here prefer the Courtyard suites. I prefer Tower myself.. especially the proximity to the lazy river, the pool with underwater music, and the Hideaway Bar & Grill.
Love the Lazy River & The Hideaway Bar & Grill. The Hideaway is a much better pool bar than the Sapphire Hotel pool bar, which is ridiculously small.