Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
and here are the two that have debuted so far...

looks like they got the buses that could be equipped with the Hybrid add on, but didn't seem to go with it (where the big opening on the top of the bus is).

bus-new.png

I'd also add that when you are on these new buses, the window tint is VERY dark, so much so that you can barely see out of it at night. Could be a deliberate ploy to stop folks seeing the less desirable areas between 'further' destinations.

I wouldn't think with these news buses, for airport transportation you would want coach-style buses that could accommodate luggage underneath (like Disney's Magical Express).

I think, if i'm following, it was mentioned that Mears is operating these. I would assume Mears would then own the busses. If UNI were to contract Mears out (which I believe is what Disney does for ME), well I would guess Mears would be willing to transport guest from the airport and they would use their coaches for those runs.

I think, if i'm following, it was mentioned that Mears is operating these. I would assume Mears would then own the busses. If UNI were to contract Mears out (which I believe is what Disney does for ME), well I would guess Mears would be willing to transport guest from the airport and they would use their coaches for those runs.
I'm not completely following you so if I interpret something wrong forgive me.

Like Disney, Universal owns these busses I believe. Mears is simply being contracted to manage and operate them. Disney's cruise line bus service and airport to resort service both use Mears owned buses with themed wraps. The same arrangement would most likely also occur between Mears and Universal if Universal ever wants to establish an airport to resort bus service.

Sidenote: SeaWorld uses Mears to operate there Busch Gardens bus from Orlando. Mears also operates the SeaWorld buses that go between hotels and the parks. Unlike Disney and Universal however, I believe Mears owns all the buses used.

I'm not completely following you so if I interpret something wrong forgive me.

Like Disney, Universal owns these busses I believe. Mears is simply being contracted to manage and operate them. Disney's cruise line bus service and airport to resort service both use Mears owned buses with themed wraps. The same arrangement would most likely also occur between Mears and Universal if Universal ever wants to establish an airport to resort bus service.

Sidenote: SeaWorld uses Mears to operate there Busch Gardens bus from Orlando. Mears also operates the SeaWorld buses that go between hotels and the parks. Unlike Disney and Universal however, I believe Mears owns all the buses used.

The only thing is that I was assuming Mears owned the buses if they operated them. I know UNI owned the busses CBBR used before, but now that Mears is there, I just assumed UOR just contracted it out and Mears would own the busses, but I have no clue, it was just an assumption.

The only thing is that I was assuming Mears owned the buses if they operated them. I know UNI owned the busses CBBR used before, but now that Mears is there, I just assumed UOR just contracted it out and Mears would own the busses, but I have no clue, it was just an assumption.
Neither do I for the current busses. Although because they are different from any Mears normally runs I would assume UOR owns them. But I don't know.

Pool/Volcano Bay option has appeared here in the UK, at least on the Virgin Holidays site anyway to select that option is an extra £106 for 7 nights.

Reactions: Scott W.
Considering you can get regular family suites at less than $150 a night a lot of the time and those sleep 6, yes I think $500 a night to sleep two more people does sound pretty pricey for Cabana.