Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I had this problem at Sapphire. I walked out of the hotel and the door locked and the fence/gate to the pool was locked too. I was like a farm animal stuck in it's pen. My CBBR key didn't work at Sapphire so I had to actually call the front desk in order to get myself out of that situation.

Crazy, I know.

At Portofino, in a similar situation, i discovered you can just reach over the gate and pull the handle from the other side and open it. That was super silly.

I thought about doing that, but the fence was too tall, no way I could've reached it from the other side.
Yes, you're correct. At Portofino that works, but I thought about your concerns when we ended up in that no man's area at Sapphire and I realized that without my room card (or if it wasn't working properly), we would be trapped in that area. Shaky design there at Sapphire. On site hotel guests are supposed to have access to all on site hotel pools, but Sapphire makes it difficult.

Reactions: Nick
At Portofino, in a similar situation, i discovered you can just reach over the gate and pull the handle from the other side and open it. That was super silly.

They had those small gate doors into the car park, it was incredibly easy to reach over and open from the other side or just walk through the massive gap at the barrier.

For a place that makes you feel overly safe with countless doors you need a card to get through, there sure was a lot of pizza menus through your door every day.

Thanks when looking to book and it gives the options of tower or courtyard rooms so was wondering if these were the new towers as they are the same cost as courtyard (early May so before VB opens)
The new 2 bedroom772 sq. ft suites are available starting in April 2017. They are apx. $480 a night during peak season and apx. $345 a night during non peak season. The other rooms listed with a partial view of the volcano park are corner rooms of the original building. The new Towers are the 2 bedroom suites.

Thanks again they state, 'Up to 6 guests. With 2 queen-size beds and a sofa bed. Sliding privacy partition, 2 flat-screen TVs, kitchenette with coffee maker, mini-fridge, iron & ironing board, hairdryer, and full bathroom' So must be them, impressed no extra cost but that may change once VB opens.

Edit. Just checked and appears same cost if I book for the 3rd June for 2 weeks so will opt for that

Thanks again they state, 'Up to 6 guests. With 2 queen-size beds and a sofa bed. Sliding privacy partition, 2 flat-screen TVs, kitchenette with coffee maker, mini-fridge, iron & ironing board, hairdryer, and full bathroom' So must be them, impressed no extra cost but that may change once VB opens.

Edit. Just checked and appears same cost if I book for the 3rd June for 2 weeks so will opt for that
I'm pretty sure the new tower suites are up to 8 people

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn

Sounds like the courtyard family suites. That is the north building not the new towers

Reactions: Mad Dog
Thanks when looking to book and it gives the options of tower or courtyard rooms so was wondering if these were the new towers as they are the same cost as courtyard (early May so before VB opens)
These are the two types of rooms in the new towers:
UECBB_WPS2Q_1.jpg

Pool/Volcano Side Room
In the Poolside Room you’ll enjoy views of the lush foliage surrounding the expansive pool area that leads to the lazy river. In the Volcano Side Room you’ll enjoy stunning views of Universal’s Volcano Bay Water Theme Park. These 300 square-foot rooms offer two queen size beds, a flat screen TV, mini-refrigerator, coffee maker, and sleeps up to four guests. Universal’s Volcano Bay Water Park opens June 1, 2017.

UECBB_WPSTE_1.jpg

2 Bedroom Suite
With a view of Universal’s Volcano Bay™ Water Theme Park and the nightly volcano show, these spacious 772 square-foot two-bedroom suites are the ideal space in which to spread out and unwind after a day in the parks. Offering two full bathrooms, a living room with a full-size pull-out sofa, kitchenette, two full beds in one bedroom, a queen sized bed in the other, and sleeps up to eight people comfortably.

I'm pretty sure the new tower suites are up to 8 people
Yes, the two bedroom suites are the new Tower rooms and bed up to eight people. Those are the ones I was referring to costing $345 to $480 a night, depending on the season. ...I think he's referring to the original building suites.....Those pool volcano side rooms have been available since Sept. I'm guessing they're in the original buildings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and JoeCamel