Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Well this is good to see. Not much on the curb appeal but based on Universal and Lowes current properties I have no worries.

So is it along turkey lake or along adventure way?

If it is turkey lake then that's kind of lame, especially if the waterway isn't extended. Have to take a shuttle to get to the parks? wouldn't really call that on property then. And no universal express? They'll probably still charge for parking too, but hopefully not if it's so remote...

It's the plot next to RP. I have been watching that plot like a hawk for months.

If it is turkey lake then that's kind of lame, especially if the waterway isn't extended. Have to take a shuttle to get to the parks? wouldn't really call that on property then. And no universal express? They'll probably still charge for parking too, but hopefully not if it's so remote...

Adding that many Unlimited Express passes to the system would totally break the system. It works well the way it is now. Adding upwards of 9000 express passes to the system if the hotel was at capacity is not going to work.

Well played Universal. Opening up all those rooms right before you open up Potter phase 2. There's a reason why this is slated for '14...

And I know this is kind of surprising, but until the employee parking situation is under control don't expect to see anything on the plot of land that the "Hollywood" lot is on. Once there is an employee garage then you'll see that expansion land used. Right now, the parking situation is terrible, and it might not stop Universal from using that land but I promise you it's not helping them everytime someone brings up that land.

Well played Universal. Opening up all those rooms right before you open up Potter phase 2. There's a reason why this is slated for '14...

And I know this is kind of surprising, but until the employee parking situation is under control don't expect to see anything on the plot of land that the "Hollywood" lot is on. Once there is an employee garage then you'll see that expansion land used. Right now, the parking situation is terrible, and it might not stop Universal from using that land but I promise you it's not helping them everytime someone brings up that land.

I know there have been permits related to parking, but I wonder if that's just preliminary work for garages?

Why would buses make it a problem? Most of Disney's "on site" properties aren't anywhere near the parks, and nobody hesitates to call them on site. They all have to use the shuttle system, and from what I've seen it works out just fine. I think doing it without express pass is the only way to justify keeping the system in place at all. If everyone can get an express pass that easily, why have them at all? That's probably why they're talking about going the Q-Bot route as well, so as to keep the express pass a special item.

Correction: Wasn't told to hundreds after all. The info was presented to me in loose terms and I pasted pretty decorations onto it. Turns out, quite a few knew if not everyone. My bad... ban me if you must...

Ok... I am slow on the uptake. So this is 1800 guest rooms total??? That is almost more than the other three hotels combined!

Last edited:
Correction: Wasn't told to hundreds after all. The info was presented to me in loose terms and I pasted pretty decorations onto it. Turns out, quite a few knew if not everyone. My bad... ban me if you must...

Ok... I am slow on the uptake. So this is 1800 guest rooms total??? That is almost more than the other three hotels combined!

900 suites and 900 rooms. Quite a lot of capacity.

I think they need to extend the canal with boat service and build a special entrance to IoA between JP & TL for RP & CBBR.

Also, eventually have an EMH equivalent and add a nighttime show to IoA.

So once Potter opens expect Resort Revenue to be up somewhere between 160-200% vs summer 2010 with 1800 more rooms. Geez expect this to pay for itself even faster than phase 1. Let's just hope they don't skimp on Eticket effects like they did with the FJ. (cough willow cough)