Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is cool and everything, and I would definitely be willing to stay here for HHN if the price is right, but the no express will hurt their prospects UNLESS it's really cheap.. competitive with the All Star/Pop Century.

And to anyone saying this is a shot that Disney will feel... :lol:

This is cool and everything, and I would definitely be willing to stay here for HHN if the price is right, but the no express will hurt their prospects UNLESS it's really cheap.. competitive with the All Star/Pop Century.

Wait, you think that junk is actually cheap? :lol:

I think people overestimate the free express at the other hotels.

If this is significantly cheaper than the other three as they say it will be, people will stay there no matter what for the convenience of being on property.

Doesn't matter if it's cheaper than what Disney offers... just cheaper than the three current deluxe resorts.

I don't think it has to be either. I'm just saying there has to be something to make people stay there instead of Turkey Lake or I-Drive. It won't be express, so hopefully it's early entry, something EMH-esque, or even something like the water taxis being extended.

Just to put this in perspective.

Walt Disney World is twice the size of Manhattan, and their top park has more visitors than both Universal parks (in orlando) combined.

Disney Recent Projects -
Art of Animation Resort
Fantasy Land Expansion
Test Track Re-imagining

Universal Recent Projects -
Cabana Bay
Potter Phase 2
Jurassic Park Ride (Rumored)
Despicable Me
Spider Man Refurb
SS44/Transformers

I'm probably missing some things over at WDW since I follow UOR closer, but oh man this is insane how UOR started nipping at their ankles and are now going for an entire leg.

I am thrilled... while the themeing is not as "escapist" as I would personally want, it is beautiful, and I think this will be an AMAZING addition to the restort. Really Universal, you keep surprising us!

Just to put this in perspective.

Walt Disney World is twice the size of Manhattan, and their top park has more visitors than both Universal parks (in orlando) combined.

Disney Recent Projects -
Art of Animation Resort
Fantasy Land Expansion
Test Track Re-imagining

Universal Recent Projects -
Cabana Bay
Potter Phase 2
Jurassic Park Ride (Rumored)
Despicable Me
Spider Man Refurb
SS44/Transformers

I'm probably missing some things over at WDW since I follow UOR closer, but oh man this is insane how UOR started nipping at their ankles and are now going for an entire leg.

And, technically Test Track wouldn't be happening if GM wasn't bankrolling it.

When staying at the RP, I found the water taxis annoying... they were way to slow with the turn around time in the middle of the day. I just walked out the front lobby and crossed the street and entered by Margarita Ville and it took about the same amount of time as walking down to the docks.
I can stay pretty close for cheap, with free parking, so there needs to at least be some perk for me to stay on site.

Excited that I’m actually going to say something on here. First of all, I had to calm my excitement down. Huge universal fan and this announcement along with following SS44 and HP2.0 has me in overdrive. My two inputs are:

1. I can see them not offering Express passes. As you all have already said, that many passes will dilute the system. Also from financial standpoint, it’s not feasible. The other three hotels have higher costs so Universal can compensate for the free passes. This being a lower cost hotel wouldn't look to right on the books for a guest to be paying less AND get an Express pass.

2. Below is my prayer for the site. I drew in blue the proposed extension for the water taxi underneath the existing road to serve the hotel. Also I hope that the "water Park" (if any) would go in the plot to the left. The plot is very wide as it approaches I-4 which would give Universal room to put a massive wave pool there.

map.jpg

Hey shoot me down but these are my little inputs. lol

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!

Im thinking maybe guests that stay here get early morning and late night admission into the parks everyday since you dont get express pass but thats just my opinion...

so there needs to at least be some perk for me to stay on site.

Early admission.

2. Below is my prayer for the site. I drew in blue the proposed extension for the water taxi underneath the existing road to serve the hotel. Also I hope that the "water Park" (if any) would go in the plot to the left. The plot is very wide as it approaches I-4 which would give Universal room to put a massive wave pool there.

map.jpg

Hey shoot me down but these are my little inputs. lol

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!

That's about right.

I wonder if you could get the unlimited express if you pay an additional price? Sorry if my question seems stupid...

Not stupid at all. I'd imagine it will be available at a discounted price.

See I was also thinking for a discounted price you could get express passes, I mean your giving Universal your money even though im probably not going to stay at another hotel besides Hard Rock lol

Last edited: