Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

I expect the rates to be comparable with the Nickolodeon Family Resort for the family suites and the All Stars for regular Double/Double rooms. Both will be less expensive that the Art of Animation resort.

As soon as I saw the concept art, it reminded me of how the Fontainebleu looked down here in Miami till they remodeled it.

5615004202_e0a3988d03_b.jpg

If a water park is coming next door, that beach resort theming will really tie in nicely.

When staying at the RP, I found the water taxis annoying... they were way to slow with the turn around time in the middle of the day. I just walked out the front lobby and crossed the street and entered by Margarita Ville and it took about the same amount of time as walking down to the docks.
I can stay pretty close for cheap, with free parking, so there needs to at least be some perk for me to stay on site.

Seems like a pretty decent walking path.

[video=youtube;XqUvmEDIqxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqUvmEDIqxM[/video]

As far as this new hotel goes, I can live with the design, it's added room capacity at a price point Uni desperately needed, and the Americana theme seems to at least somewhat fit with a retro vibe that the Universal Studios are supposed to have.

Last edited:
I always wondered if Uni decided to open a new resort what it would be and I always thought if they did it would be hands down a Harry Potter resort. Glad to see it's not.

How are trucks entering the property next to Royal Pacific? Is there a new road off from Hollywood Way or are they driving into it from the road between RP and the vacant land?