Captain America: Brave New World | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Captain America: Brave New World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, if the OG script is good like Winter Solider good then do it, some people will complain but most will see it because if it's good then most can forgive a good film for having something not everyone likes

But if you tone down the film because of the world...then it's going to make it another generic action film. the Captain America films were loved because it's about challenging real world issues and the discussion of freedom vs security

I mean I liked F&W the show but what people didn't like was the ending where the Sam had to give a generic speech vs something that feels more...real like Steve Rogers Character felt to most people. Many felt like Steve wasn't preaching at you and I hope they can make Sam more like him this film or at least let Sam have a unique voice

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Soooo... rumor of course is this tested poorly and the film will undergo reshoots. This film has an added issue in one of it's characters and certain world events that are going on right now. Sabra, an Israeli Superhero, is slated to be in the film currently. There was a lot of controversy when the casting was announced (due to Sabra's comic depiction which is looked at in retrospect as quite racist towards Arabs) and that was during a time when there was a ceasefire and there was no active war.

Without going into the politics of it all or the tragedy on both sides that we've seen from war being waged, one may wonder if the actress playing Sabra finds herself with a greatly diminished role so as to avoid unnecessary controversy when the reshoots are over. The MCU already has been dealing with enough and let's be honest, this film has an uphill battle as it is.

I mean, if the OG script is good like Winter Solider good then do it, some people will complain but most will see it because if it's good then most can forgive a good film for having something not everyone likes

But if you tone down the film because of the world...then it's going to make it another generic action film. the Captain America films were loved because it's about challenging real world issues and the discussion of freedom vs security

I mean I liked F&W the show but what people didn't like was the ending where the Sam had to give a generic speech vs something that feels more...real like Steve Rogers Character felt to most people. Many felt like Steve wasn't preaching at you and I hope they can make Sam more like him this film or at least let Sam have a unique voice

what a mess..... Jesus, it's like every single upcoming marvel project is either having problems or it's written badly: ( daredevil. blade etc )
now this movie? and I heard different problems about this movie being boring or something.
I can't believe how many problems marvel has.
For what it's worth, I'd heard that Sabra's nationality had been changed to a fictional country prior to current events flaring up.

I think SUPERMAN LEGACY is shaping up to have a much bigger problem (if the rumors about its plot are true).
what superman rumors? is there an article I can read?

what superman rumors? is there an article I can read?
The rumored plot involves a conflict/war between two Middle-Eastern countries, like the conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians. Multiple heroes disagree about how active they should be in trying to end it.

I thought it was a terrible idea when I first heard it months ago. I subscribe to the Tom Mankiewicz (who was one of the driving creative forces on SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE) school, which is that Superman should not be involved in plots that relate too closely to real-world geopolitics. He should be either street level (stopping bank robbers, saving cats from trees) or grandiose (stopping megalomaniacal, larger-than-life supervillains).

The rumored plot involves a conflict/war between two Middle-Eastern countries, like the conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians. Multiple heroes disagree about how active they should be in trying to end it.

I thought it was a terrible idea when I first heard it months ago. I subscribe to the Tom Mankiewicz (who was one of the driving creative forces on SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE) school, which is that Superman should not be involved in plots that relate too closely to real-world geopolitics. He should be either street level (stopping bank robbers, saving cats from trees) or grandiose (stopping megalomaniacal, larger-than-life supervillains).
Yeah... 2008's Iron Man made sense to partially take place in Afghanistan because the MCU was much more real world adjacent back then and you have this character in Tony Stark who is a weapons dealer at a time when the US is involved in multiple wars in the region. It just all worked, especially with his character progression. Tbh, that sounds very out of left field for a Superman film. However, it is a James Gunn project and until he fails me as a writer/director, i'm still willing to give it the benefit of the doubt that it will work out. The project hasn't shot a single scene yet so there's still time to maybe change a few things if they so choose to.

For what it's worth, I'd heard that Sabra's nationality had been changed to a fictional country prior to current events flaring up.
That's like resurrecting Star-Spangled Kid and Stripe but wait, they're from some fictional North American country. The character was designed to be Israeli, is named after a slang term for Israelis, being the Israeli superhero is her raison d'etre.

omg....

• Haha
Reactions: belloq87
Larger question to me is why the toys are coming out now? I know the movie was supposed to come out in a few weeks so they had this lined up in marketing, but is there really no way to move that type of marketing back until the film actually comes out?

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Larger question to me is why the toys are coming out now? I know the movie was supposed to come out in a few weeks so they had this lined up in marketing, but is there really no way to move that type of marketing back until the film actually comes out?
Oh my god lol. I forgot it wasn't coming out till next year now oops. I wonder how the toys got leaked

With properties as big as Marvel films in regards to tie-ins, promotional materials, etc, it can be really tough to get every single partner to delay or cancel altogether. I'm pretty certain Mcdonalds has a very packed schedule for not only producing this merchandise, but also with acquiring licenses to future IP. They have very little wiggle room to push product back or change course entirely. The Super Mario Bros Movie line of toys had the same issue, arriving around December of 2022 despite the film already having been delayed until April '23 for some time already.

It's the tough part about not making a good movie the first time around and having to delay it to attempt a "fix". This is to be expected at this point.