Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Caribbean Beach Expansion

Work at Caribbean Beach should finally be done this summer. Here's a look at new entrance to check-in (middle) and new sit-down (Pictured at top):

Looking to book in mid-May and I'm not sure if it'll be worth it or not with the way that construction is going. Hearing pros and cons since construction has started. What do y'all think?

Looking to book in mid-May and I'm not sure if it'll be worth it or not with the way that construction is going. Hearing pros and cons since construction has started. What do y'all think?
They have a tent for a food court at a resort you'd be paying quite a bit for and construction on multiple sides of the resort with the Lobby being redone and Riviera being built.

Is this a Disney trip and you want to stay on property? If so and you want to stay in the moderate price range, i'd suggest doing one of the Port Orleans hotels. If you are open to something else, the hotels on hotel plaza boulevard are reasonably priced and also include EMH perks that the Disney on-site hotels get. They're also within walking distance of Disney Springs.

They have a tent for a food court at a resort you'd be paying quite a bit for and construction on multiple sides of the resort with the Lobby being redone and Riviera being built.

Is this a Disney trip and you want to stay on property? If so and you want to stay in the moderate price range, i'd suggest doing one of the Port Orleans hotels. If you are open to something else, the hotels on hotel plaza boulevard are reasonably priced and also include EMH perks that the Disney on-site hotels get. They're also within walking distance of Disney Springs.

The price that we would be getting it for is pretty good. It would be a one-night stay with the other moderate resorts being booked up during that time. It's the debate of doing CBR or a value resort.

I was contemplating staying here for a week if Disney Dining comes back and a week at Universal. For all the time I'll be at the hotel, I'd probably be better staying at a value and the size of this resort is severely off putting before even getting started on the construction.

I actually like the concept they're going for with Centertown... Sebastian's is a bit too modern for my liking from that concept art, but it does make it a bit more upscale, which i'm sure is what Disney is going for.

If the rumor of them eliminating tiers (Deluxe, Moderate, Value) and instead grouping by Resort Area (Epcot, MK, DAK, WWoS), it allows them to then charge whatever they want for this hotel as long as the amenities are there.

I'm gonna say this, and I'm sure a lot of people are going to disagree...but I HATE the toning down of themes that's happening in the resorts. I always loved that the hotels had just as much character as the parks do...but the modernizing trend with Yacht and Beach Club/ Caribbean Beach is kinda saddening. It looks so cheap and un-Disney.

I'm gonna say this, and I'm sure a lot of people are going to disagree...but I HATE the toning down of themes that's happening in the resorts. I always loved that the hotels had just as much character as the parks do...but the modernizing trend with Yacht and Beach Club/ Caribbean Beach is kinda saddening. It looks so cheap and un-Disney.
In my opinion looks decent but I respect your thoughts as well. Sadly Disney let places get outdated overtime so now it seems like a big drastic shift but in reality if they updated the places regaulary it wouldn’t seem like such a huge change.

Looks good. I’m fine with the tone down in theming as long as it still looks good. Imo, many of the resorts were a bit over-themed/In-you-face Disney before these changes.

The just newly opened Sebastian's Bistro table service restaurant has already cut back their service hours. Today's announcement is that they will no longer be serving lunch, and their hours have been significantly shortened to 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM.

It always had tables available night-of when I was there in December.