Cedar Point | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Cedar Point

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unless Intamin isn't doing the launch

But yes, I tend to buy into more of a "Red Force" situation where it's just LSMs, a rolling launch, new restraints, station, and queue

Yet, I'm still holding out hope for something more substantial, we'll see

Sorry. Goofed up the reply. I think that you have it as others have stated. Again, I don't see any changes whatsoever to the layout because the tower is probably engineered to handle certain specs and they aren't going to change anything. I actually think that the removal of Corkscrew will be part of a different refurbishment or new ride/area (IF the Corkscrew removal is more than just a rumor).

Sorry. Goofed up the reply. I think that you have it as others have stated. Again, I don't see any changes whatsoever to the layout because the tower is probably engineered to handle certain specs and they aren't going to change anything. I actually think that the removal of Corkscrew will be part of a different refurbishment or new ride/area (IF the Corkscrew removal is more than just a rumor).
Yeah I think the Corkscrew plot will be used for something else, lotsa room back there

As far as Dragster, I agree, the more likely scenario is just a more updated launch

I hope they don't go the route of mixing new Intamin track with the old boxy design...but I guess we'll see

Reactions: SkiBum
With rumors floating around that Zamperla was hired for the Dragster redo, many are looking at these trains and saying "how interesting"

Also can someone else post in this thread other than me lol

Reactions: MikePat
Those train absolutely look ideal for a Dragster redo.

It just strikes me as an odd choice to have Zamperla to rework the launch for TTD. I guess CF is just that determined to never work with Intamin again. Woooof.
Yeah, I'm unconvinced about Zamperla being the manufacturer, but I've heard it enough and seen some good arguments as to why, so I think it's at least worth discussing

As far as Intamin, considering what the company is now vs what they were when Dragster was built, it's honestly Cedar Fair's loss if they won't be working with them again.

Reactions: Darko
I could see Premier being involved or using Intamin for the launch. I'm not always sure who makes the launch systems but Mack also has launches and Cedar Fair used the for Copperhead Strike. I'm still holding out hope that we hear something this week at IAAPA. I'm no expert but, assuming that they keep the height the same, only Intamin has the expertise in high speed launches.

I could see Premier being involved or using Intamin for the launch. I'm not always sure who makes the launch systems but Mack also has launches and Cedar Fair used the for Copperhead Strike. I'm still holding out hope that we hear something this week at IAAPA. I'm no expert but, assuming that they keep the height the same, only Intamin has the expertise in high speed launches.

Considering the rumor is CP/CF is going through with these modifications without consulting Intamin beforehand, I don't think Intamin is going to be involved in any capacity if that's actually the case.

If Mack was involved the TTD launch would need the entire CP Peninsula to get up to speed

• Haha
Intrasys based in Germany provides the hardware for Mack, Premier, Gerstlauer, Vekoma, Zierer, and probably more.

While I'm a huge fan of Cedar Point overall, this little announcement is kind of pointless, unless they were changing the layout or increasing the size of the hill (which they aren't).

They’re confirming a few things we’ve known:

1) 2024
2) The hill is staying

Considering not everyone is terminally online I think it’s fine to tease now. Reminds me of the SV teaser.

They’re confirming a few things we’ve known:

1) 2024
2) The hill is staying

Considering not everyone is terminally online I think it’s fine to tease now. Reminds me of the SV teaser.

Good point. Most people probably aren't watching this stuff like a hawk on a mouse.

Today is the 20th anniversary of Dragster's initial announcement

I'm still surprised they teased it this far out, but next season people will definitely be wondering what the heck is happening with it

It's definitely not an attraction that can be hidden and forgotten about lol

Either way, I'm still expecting a new launch, new trains, shorter station, and new colour scheme/logo