Cedar Point | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Cedar Point

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So would this be an expansion to TTD? And if so, does this mean Iron Dragon will quietly bite the dust?

I really loathe the idea of the Point losing yet another ride, another coaster no less, with no replacement.

No? They’d be adding a spike to the end for a swing launch and that spike would be in the middle of the helix. Hence why they have to remove a part of the helix.

No? They’d be adding a spike to the end for a swing launch and that spike would be in the middle of the helix. Hence why they have to remove a part of the helix.
Oh that makes sense. While I think the swing launch gimmick will be a little overplayed at this point, it would make TTD longer so I think it would make an even better ride.

Wait, what are the rumors for this? I know people have been talking about a swing LSM launch, but what do we know about it? How big is the back spike going to be? I mean, going weightless into a roll back at 300' would be kind of cool.

Wait, what are the rumors for this? I know people have been talking about a swing LSM launch, but what do we know about it? How big is the back spike going to be? I mean, going weightless into a roll back at 300' would be kind of cool.

There have been all sorts of rumors. I've heard rear spike being 200-300 feet high and then some have suggested that the main height of the forward tower will be raised to 500' but I don't see that happening.

The only thing I know for certain is that I am not going to ride Iron Dragon (aka the Cedar Point Monorail) until they fix it. It doesn't go fast enough to jump that gap.

This youtube video shows the continuing build of the triangular pad for a potential spike for Dragster, additional footers being prepared extending from the station towards the rumored spike, and also a quick shot of the new wild mouse and beachfront restaurant.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Quick update for you Iron Dragon fans (assuming there are any), the track has been put back in place and it appears that the ride will open this year. It seems that Cedar Point wrapped up whatever work was needed on that large triangular area enough to put the missing sections back. Maybe they can get the cement trucks into that space or the booms used to blow cement in.

Track supports and track is showing up for Top Thrill Dragster. Most of the vloggers are saying that the track which has arrived in Zamperla track. I don't know if it is or isn't. Usually, I can only spot B&M or Vekoma track. They are still guessing at who will install the actual launch.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
so the new concept is a 100 mph launch into a roll back, backwards spike,.. then a 120 launch over the top?

Interesting...

Didn't know LSMs were capable of that speed.
Red Force in Ferrari Land (Spain) uses LSM's and it goes from 0 to 112 in 5 seconds, so it is possible to hit 120 via a swing launch.

Granted, it's not gonna' have the punch of a hydraulic launch, but it is what it is.

A roll back from 300+ feet would be wild. Not to mention passing through the station backwards at roughly 100 mph.
It probably won't go through the station-- I assume they'll have it switch tracks for the swing launch so another train can load/unload while the train is doing the swing launch the way Pantheon and the other Intamin swing launches do.

I'm so out of the loop on this. Can someone give me the speed-run (no pun intended) of what has happened since the initial accident a few years ago?

I'm so out of the loop on this. Can someone give me the speed-run (no pun intended) of what has happened since the initial accident a few years ago?

so Top Thrill Dragster is going to get completely overhauled, now no longer by Intamin but instead being Zamperla for the rennovations.

Major changes include changing the launch to LSM's, new trains, new paint schemes for track/supports, new track due to the launch change, and the biggest change of all: Zamperla doing a straddle launch that will include a stall.

It is not clear on the height of the stall that will be added as of yet.