Cheetah Hunt | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tbad glad to hear you enjoyed it! It is scary smooth isn't it. Next time you go make sure you ride it in the front, its a great front row ride! The last time I was there I was talking to a mechanic and he told me that the ride is doing much better and on average only goes down for a few minutes a day much like any ride in any park does. I can't wait to get back and ride it some more!

It's definitely scary smooth. I was impressed by Sheikra for the longest time but this blew me away. I was actually going to do the front row today but I ended up getting towards the middle instead because the row was empty and it was a walk-on. I purchased an unlimited ticket so I'll have plenty of other opportunities to ride the front row. :thumbs:

I'm all about smooth now that I'm getting older. That's why I can't do Kumba and do Gwazi only sparingly. Cheetah Hunt will never have a place in my top list of coasters, but I will still do some marathoning on it because it's fun. A coaster doesn't have to be crazy exciting to be enjoyable. Can't wait till the off season.

Alright Cheetah Hunt action shot time. Now I want everyone to know I didn't intentionally take photos of this one particular train because of who was riding it. I actually didn't even realize it was a train full of handicapped young adults until I got home. Are the expressions funny? Yeah. But in no way am I making fun of handicapped people!

June112011020.jpg

June112011022.jpg

June11201102211.jpg

June112011026.jpg

June112011027.jpg

June112011039.jpg

June112011040.jpg

Today I got to finally ride Cheetah Hunt! I went later in the afternoon like most people said on here, around 5/6ish and it was only 75mins. It broke down once in the line, only for like 5-10 mins. Half of the people in the line left when they made the announcement, so my wait was cut in half! I sat in row 5, the first launch was great! It was a great and smooth ride, the second launch was great too, it was fun going that high, that fast! Then the water/waterfall section was amazing! Being that close to the water, made me feel like a Cheetah!! Then the third launch just completed my day! What a great day I had! Thanks for all of your tips, guys!!

Today I got to finally ride Cheetah Hunt! I went later in the afternoon like most people said on here, around 5/6ish and it was only 75mins. It broke down once in the line, only for like 5-10 mins. Half of the people in the line left when they made the announcement, so my wait was cut in half! I sat in row 5, the first launch was great! It was a great and smooth ride, the second launch was great too, it was fun going that high, that fast! Then the water/waterfall section was amazing! Being that close to the water, made me feel like a Cheetah!! Then the third launch just completed my day! What a great day I had! Thanks for all of your tips, guys!!

Glad you enjoyed it, the water portion/canyon and the third launch are my favorite parts.

Okay, what the heck, was it running slow on Media Day or what? Finally rode it again yesterday (was posted at 25 minutes around dinner time; they raised the posted time but the line was still the same so we rode it three times in quick succession, then two more night rides after SheiKra, include last train of the night). It's a freakin' totally different ride! Loved loved loved the airtime in both front row and back! Here is my revised review: http://exm.nr/kDLCCg
I never saw it break down once; there was one kinda long delay, but wouldn't call it a full-fledged breakdown because they never cycled empty trains, just eventually got it going again. The airtime was amazing; not quite SheiKra amazing, but enough to impress a cynical crank like me. And I love the falling feeling if your restraints are just a bit loose in that heartline. Night rides are way cool too, but I figured that would be the case. Dare I say Cheetah Hunt is tied for my second fave Busch coaster (with Montu) now?

Okay, what the heck, was it running slow on Media Day or what? Finally rode it again yesterday (was posted at 25 minutes around dinner time; they raised the posted time but the line was still the same so we rode it three times in quick succession, then two more night rides after SheiKra, include last train of the night). It's a freakin' totally different ride! Loved loved loved the airtime in both front row and back! Here is my revised review: http://exm.nr/kDLCCg
I never saw it break down once; there was one kinda long delay, but wouldn't call it a full-fledged breakdown because they never cycled empty trains, just eventually got it going again. The airtime was amazing; not quite SheiKra amazing, but enough to impress a cynical crank like me. And I love the falling feeling if your restraints are just a bit loose in that heartline. Night rides are way cool too, but I figured that would be the case. Dare I say Cheetah Hunt is tied for my second fave Busch coaster (with Montu) now?

I would say it is my favorite ride at BGT just because of all the different elements.

From BG Tampa Bay's Facebook:
Great news on the first day of summer: Cheetah Hunt ride video is up and running! Be the first of your friends to get video of yourself zipping over the Serengeti Plain

I've read the last couple pages and haven't seen any info or pics of the new cheetah animal exhibit. Is it open yet? If so, does anybody have any pics or details of it? Any idea how many cheetahs are going to be in the exhibit?

I've read the last couple pages and haven't seen any info or pics of the new cheetah animal exhibit. Is it open yet? If so, does anybody have any pics or details of it? Any idea how many cheetahs are going to be in the exhibit?

They currently have 12 Cheetahs on property and they have room for 14. The problem with no pics pretty much anywhere really comes down to two things. With this being a new exhibit the foliage hasn't had time to grow so it doesn't leave much shade for the big cats. Pair that with EXTREME heat right now and the cats are either staying in the pens or in shaded areas that are not really visible or at least photo friendly. Also IMO the exhibit is no where near the level of the Tiger exhibits whether its the old Claw Island or the new Tiger Trails as far as atmosphere and photo opportunities.

I've seen the cheetahs hang out by the window panels and give people some pretty good photo ops, but I don't bring my good camera because I don't want to risk breaking it or have the bother of putting it in a locker. They do spend most of their time hiding in the shade though. Haven't seen them run yet since Busch doesn't do that on the really hot days and they've ALL been really hot lately.