Cheetah Hunt | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
so I went to the park a few weeks ago for the first time in 10 years. It was supposed to rain all day..the news literally said "dont go to any themes parks", but it stayed overcast all day and never rained, keeping it cooler. I never even put sunblock on. The only wait was for Cheetah Hunt, everything else was 5 mins or less, granted we went on a Wednesday. here are my impressions.

Cheetah Hunt - waited 30 mins right when the park opened....by far our favorite ride in the park. It's just a lot of fun, extremely smooth and pretty long for a coaster. I can see why thrill seekers could be disappointed. The ride doesnt have any extremely large drops. The thrills come from the boosts and the end run when your swerving back and forth through the canyons. This is a real winner, and I think it will be their most popular attraction for years to come. The new animal area is really cool, the cheetahs were really active in the morning, and you felt very close to them.

Gwazi - no wait for either track. - I know that the new cars are supposed to be smoother, but having just come off Cheetah Hunt, we were really feeling the ride. It was fun, but I think I've been on much better Woodies in my lifetime. Namely the one in Cedar Point.

Sheikra - 5 min wait..front row! - Have to say that i was super underwhelmed from this ride. It looked extremely frightning from the ground, but once your on the ride, the scariest thrill was the hanging before the first drop. The drop felt way too short for such a build up...and the ride itself was over way too soon. It felt like a missed opportunity. Sad because I was really looking forward to this.

Montu - still amazing..I think this is the best floorless coaster I've even been on.
Kumba - man that loop still rocks, but man did this one bang us around more then I remembered.
Congo River Rapids - I remember when this was the most popular ride at the park, and after riding Popeye at IOA several times, this felt REALLY out dated.

Overall a great day at the park..but don't feel the need to go back for probably another 10 years.

Cheetah hunt was closed today, you could tell right a way when you saw them on the high lift from the parking lot. They seemed to be working on the track at the top of the second launch.
They were working on it all day and i heard it was down yesterday also.
Pics when they upload.

DSC01820-1.jpg

DSC00030-1.jpg

DSC01825.jpg

--- Update ---

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

Just another reason why Busch Gardens as well as the parks within Central Florida are among the safest. Probably was spotted early this morning during the walk.

I finally got to ride Cheetah Hunt last week. My first ride was in the front row right after the park opened on Thursday, Dec. 29th. It was a great ride IMO. It exceeded my expectations in fun and thrills. I would say an addition inversion or 2 would have made it even better. The airtime at the top pf the windcatcher tower was great. The drop into the trench was awesome. It just kept going and going. It definitely moves faster than it appears off-ride. After the heartline and into the turns I was screaming for more. I came out of my seat in the 3rd launch and knew this was definitely going to be in my top 10 (which I'll update later).

My second (and only other ride as the park was extremely busy for the rest of my trip) ride was on New Years Eve around 9:45PM. I had waited for an hour (not too bad seeing as the line was 120 min earlier in the day). This time I rode in the back row. All I can say is....WOW. I thought the airtime was awesome in the front row. It was definitely a different ride at night and in the back. I can't wait to return to the park this spring (hopefully) to get more rides in; better yet move to Tampa by fall.

Cheetah Run was nice as well. The exhibit was actually larger than I was thinking it would be; though it pales in comparison to the Tigers exhibit. I did get to see the Cheetah's run, but they seemed to be having issues with setting up and delayed the running when I happen to be there for it. I thought I wasn't going to get to see Kasi, but we went on New years day for a couple hours (at the last min) and there he was with Mtani. The one time I didn't bring my camera....ugh!!!!!! I know better than that....lol

SDC16016.jpg

Glad ya liked it, I love it myself because its such a fun ride. I have done the front row but preferthe back of the for best ride, and shorter wait.

I agree about Cheetah Run, wish they had a little more room to expand.

The pacing is also a nice change from the norm. Rather than being 100% intense action, it has slower moments that stretch out the ride duration and allow the rider to appreciate the scenery and, quite literally, just enjoy the ride.

I enjoy it since I can ride it over and over and not feel beat up or dizzy. Its just a fun ride. Now we just need a fun giga coaster :lol: But after the free fall ride I suppose.

BGT wants to invite you to the 1 year anniversary of Cheetah Hunt:

May is a very exciting month here at Busch Gardens! The weather is great and the entire park is gearing up for the fun of Summer Nights.

The one-year anniversary of Cheetah Hunt is just around the corner, and the keepers at Cheetah Run are also excited to announce a birthday celebration for our group of female cheetahs who came to Busch Gardens in January last year. The cheetahs are all turning TWO years old and we want you to come join in the fun!

[h=3]You’re Invited…[/h] What: Cheetah Birthday Party

When: May 27, 2012 (This just so happens to be the first anniversary of Cheetah Hunt opening!)

All seven of the “girls” (as we keepers call them) were born within weeks of each other, with the first birthday on April 30 and the last on May 28. So instead of doing seven different birthday parties over the course of a month, we keepers decided to “go big” and celebrate them in all at one big party.
We are planning on having festivities throughout the day leading up to a giant “cake” for the girls! So come on out and be a part of the fun of a cheetah-rific birthday party and ride Cheetah Hunt on its birthday too!

^ I know someone is laughing at me somewhere in the world...

Does anyone know what happened to some of the banners? There are at least 3 missing from the "windcatcher tower"; the one at the very top and the ones just below the "figure 8". They were still there at the end of March, but were not there last week when I was at the park. Someone on another forum site pointed that out. I'm surprised I hadn't noticed. Safety issues and the weather come to mind, but it would be interesting to find out.

SDC16015.jpg

The picture on the left is from December and the one on the right is from last Tuesday.

Last edited: