Christmas Town 2013 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Christmas Town 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A few shots from this past Sunday . . .

ChristmasTown-014.jpg

ChristmasTown-015.jpg

ChristmasTown-016.jpg

ChristmasTown-017.jpg

ChristmasTown-018.jpg

ChristmasTown-019.jpg

ChristmasTown-020.jpg

ChristmasTown-021.jpg

ChristmasTown-022.jpg

ChristmasTown-023.jpg

ChristmasTown-024.jpg

ChristmasTown-025.jpg

ChristmasTown-026.jpg

ChristmasTown-027.jpg

ChristmasTown-028.jpg

ChristmasTown-029.jpg

ChristmasTown-030.jpg

ChristmasTown-031.jpg

ChristmasTown-032.jpg

ChristmasTown-033.jpg

ChristmasTown-034.jpg

ChristmasTown-035.jpg

ChristmasTown-036.jpg

ChristmasTown-011.jpg

BUSCH GARDENS CHRISTMAS TOWN BY THE NUMBERS

An Inside Look at What It Takes to Transform the 300-Acre
Adventure Park Into a Christmas Wonderland

With the help of talented team members, thousands of candy canes, cookies, and poinsettias transform Busch Gardens® Tampa into a holiday masterpiece. Take a look at the sleigh-stopping numbers that bring Christmas Town® to life:

6,000 candy canes are used to make Christmas Town specialty drinks; that’s enough to cover the length of the 2,800-foot-long Sky Ride.

350 Christmas trees adorn the 300-acre park.

108,000 cubic feet of snow fill SnowWorld® presented by Coca-Cola®; that’s enough to make 3,000 6-foot snowmen.

30,000 cookies are freshly-baked for Christmas Town. When stacked, they would be the height of five SheiKras.

1,000,000+ lights illuminate Christmas Town.

17,000 poinsettias transform Poinsettia Parkway.

This year, Christmas Town has more snow, even more event nights and more than a million twinkling lights! Christmas Town transforms the park into a nighttime holiday wonderland of wintery surprises and all things Christmas, filling guests’ senses with seasonal sights, sounds and flavors, and continuing a beautiful tradition for Tampa’s families.

What's this about a Coke Snow-World? Can't be what it sounds like :lol:

Anyways thanks for the updates Bob :thumbs:

ChristmasTown-011.jpg

ChristmasTown-051.jpg

CHRISTMAS TOWN OPENS THIS FRIDAY AT BUSCH GARDENS TAMPA

ChristmasTown-040.jpg

Now in its second year, Christmas Town® transforms Busch Gardens® Tampa into a nighttime wonderland of wintery surprises and all things Christmas. The Bay Area’s biggest Christmas celebration opens this Friday, Nov. 29, creating new family traditions with three times more snow and over one million twinkling lights.

ChristmasTown-037.jpg

ChristmasTown-038.jpg

This year’s event has added even more nights to experience all-new evening attractions, shows and shopping. Take a look at what’s NEW at Christmas Town at Busch Gardens Tampa:

ChristmasTown-045.jpg

ChristmasTown-042.jpg

This year, SnowWorld® Presented by Coca-Cola® brings real snow back to Florida! This guest favorite is bigger than ever for even more snow-filled fun! Slide down eight new slides, make a snowman, play in the soft white snow or pack the perfect snow balls to test your aim in the target practice area.

ChristmasTown-046.jpg

ChristmasTown-047.jpg

ChristmasTown-048.jpg

ChristmasTown-049.jpg

ChristmasTown-050.jpg

Enjoy a trip back in time to celebrate Christmas in the good ‘ole days in Holiday Hills. In this nostalgic town, a live brass band sets the mood for seasonal fun with everyone’s favorite Christmas tunes while Mrs. Claus cooks up delicious holiday fare for the whole family at Mrs. Claus’s Family Feast.

ChristmasTown-041.jpg

Journey into Jungala to see a nature-inspired Christmas, including a new tree light show in Christmas Time Terrace. A larger-than-life Christmas tree comes alive every fifteen minutes with spectacular dancing lights. The breathtaking light show on this 40-foot tree is the perfect place for this year’s family photo.

ChristmasTown-039.jpg

Sneak a kiss with your sweetheart in the beautiful garden walkway of Mistletoe Memories. Here, romantic topiaries, flowers and sparkling white twinkle lights fill the trees overhead and set the scene for sweet moments with loved ones and beautiful photos worth cherishing.

ChristmasTown-043.jpg

Join Elmo, Cookie Monster, Zoe and everyone’s favorite Sesame Street friends in Christmas Town’s all-new show, Elmo’s Christmas Wish. Sing and dance along with Elmo as he makes a Christmas wish to Santa and learns the meaning behind Christmas.

Join the adventure as everyone’s favorite Madagascar friends including Gloria, Alex, King Julien and the penguins go on a vacation with a Christmas twist in Madagascar Live! Operation: Christmas Vacation. Fun and colorful holographic ornaments fill the trees overhead on the plaza pathway leading to this all-new show.

ChristmasTown-044.jpg

Video of the new Christmas Tree in Jungalal

[video=youtube_share;Y7DkciAMsoY]http://youtu.be/Y7DkciAMsoY[/video]

Journey into Jungala to see a nature-inspired Christmas, including a new tree light show in Christmas Time Terrace. A larger-than-life Christmas tree comes alive every fifteen minutes with spectacular dancing lights. The breathtaking light show on this 40-foot tree is the perfect place for this year’s family photo.

Last edited:
^ Thanks. I don't believe a video can do this tree justice. It really has to be seen in person.

I'll have photo's over the next few days. :thumbs:

Video of the new Christmas Tree in Junglal

[video=youtube_share;lEt1lazyqr4]http://youtu.be/lEt1lazyqr4[/video]

Are they still doing the light show at the Crown Colony?

^ Yes, they are. I wasn't going to post the video I shot because it didn't come out great. since you brought it up I will and please let me know if it's the same as other years.

Give me a few minutes to edit, transpose and upload.

Last edited:
Ok guys, it's going to be more than a few minutes. Software states 2 hours and 5 minutes to export. :shrug:

I'll also reprocess the Jungala tree after and boost the saturation a little. :thumbs:

Crown Colony Light Show as discussed above . . .

[video=youtube_share;evbqYUQ-C4E]http://youtu.be/evbqYUQ-C4E[/video]

PS - Jungala Christmas Tree video has been updated.

Reactions: Octobers Fade
Crown Colony Light Show as discussed above . . .

[video=youtube_share;evbqYUQ-C4E]http://youtu.be/evbqYUQ-C4E[/video]

PS - Jungala Christmas Tree video has been updated.

Yeah thats pretty much what I remember from last year, going to check it out this Sunday with the GF and her parents.

^ The one I posted was of the outside Santa. No issues at all there.

As far as the Santa inside Santa's house goes, I approached that as a from a media standpoint and was the first to enter that night. That probably gave me a little leeway in shooting things as we were not disrupting the flow or ruining the illusion. Unfortunately those shot's did not come out very good.