Christmas Town 2013 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Christmas Town 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Any one else think the Pennywise ornament is a little creepy?

great shots btw.
Ha. Scott just couldn't resist throwing a little HOS in there could he...
This is actually a bit of an optical illusion..the Gwazi lion is hanging on a fence in front of the tree for anyone that hasn't been to BGT in a while..there is a basketball game of skill in that area 'themed' to Gwazi

Final shots of Christmas Town . . .

ChristmasTown-107.jpg

ChristmasTown-108.jpg

ChristmasTown-109.jpg

Did they do the Three Kings show again this year? We were there last night and couldn't figure out if we just missed it or if they didn't do it this year?

20121216-090.jpg

Buddget got cut big time on the event, partly bc HOS attendance has been down (according to someone I know working closely with the event) + SWP&R President announced they expect total park attendance to be down 7% this year = reduced quality event.

The good thing is that they are including it in daily admission.

Not surprised as attendance has been tanking at the parks...I think HOS next year is going to be rough
It was rough this year. Year over year attendance is down by a fair margin. I worked the event last year and have been this year and you can tell just by jusging the crowd, but I also know many who work the houses and they are saying daily attendance is down by a lot.

HHN put a big hurt on it this ear I think. I live in Tampa and normally most Tampa folks go to HOS just because it's easier. This year all anyone was talking about was going to HHN.

Last edited:
It's sad to see the decline of the two BG parks since AB has been gone. I've never been to Tampa BG, but BGW was always one of my favorite parks in the past, if not my favorite. But in the last 4 to 5 years they have slashed entertainment and shows and no longer are the quality park they once were. I used to go there every year or two. I won't go back until Blackstone is gone and a new owner restores it's old country theme. Their attendance, too, has suffered greatly. And they turned off their AP base with their cost cutting moves.

It's sad to see the decline of the two BG parks since AB has been gone. I've never been to Tampa BG, but BGW was always one of my favorite parks in the past, if not my favorite. But in the last 4 to 5 years they have slashed entertainment and shows and no longer are the quality park they once were. I used to go there every year or two. I won't go back until Blackstone is gone and a new owner restores it's old country theme. Their attendance, too, has suffered greatly. And they turned off their AP base with their cost cutting moves.
I think the attendance loss has a lot to do with Universal finally stepping up to the plate 4 years ago or so with WWoHP. Ever since then, Sea World Orlando and BGT have seen their attendance decrease fairly steadily each year.

Honestly, at this point, i'm not sure that Sea World really has much that can save themselves. If Six Flags were to buyout a park, BGT would be ideal as it's a mainly thrills park, but i'm not sure what you do with Sea World. I'm sure someone would buy it, but the problem is it's a losing proposition imo.

Last edited: