CineSational: A Symphonic Spectacular | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

CineSational: A Symphonic Spectacular

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The picture that is out there shows Pyro in it, so why is anyone worried it got cut all together? Clearly it has not.

The picture that is out there shows Pyro in it, so why is anyone worried it got cut all together? Clearly it has not.
Didn't say cut entirely, I said diminished.

Edit to add - USF closes June 11th (Tuesday) at 6PM & June 12th at 7PM, a few days before public debut. Wouldn't be surprised to see parade & nighttime spectacular preview for APs on one of those days.

Last edited:
Reactions: IzzyB
Looking at the list of IP, there are quite a few more in there than before. This show has to be longer, right? How can that possibly work??
I hope not, could mean smaller segments that easily flow to one another (which is better than the jump cuts from CC). Cinematic was 20 min, more than enough for a nighttime spectacular.

I'm guessing the Parade won't be ready since it's not opening till July 3rd?
Whoops, meant DreamWorks. Could be easy to "block off" that entire section of the park as DreamWorks/Central Park are adjacent.

More like Cinematic Celebration........

I hope not, could mean smaller segments that easily flow to one another (which is better than the jump cuts from CC). Cinematic was 20 min, more than enough for a nighttime spectacular.

Whoops, meant DreamWorks. Could be easy to "block off" that entire section of the park as DreamWorks/Central Park are adjacent.
I could be wrong. June 14th is only two weeks before July 3rd.....

More info on Cinesational:

And all we had to do was give up the 3D on Kong.

For real this looks amazing and may have heightened my expectations for the fountain show at Epic.

I’m loving the epic integration. Good way to market and bring all three parks together under one banner.
Everyone forgets Volcano Bay, even Universal. :lmao:

Actually I remembered VB is completely original so with no IPs to place it it wouldn't fit anyway.

SINsational is the HHN version
It would be great having a lagoon show for HHN this year, it would help draw crowds away for a bit. Even if it wasn't a full show some kind of activity there would make a difference. I noticed the lack of it last year and would be great to watch something during food/rest breaks.

I'm not going to rehash this debate, but Cinematic Celebration had a decent selection/amount of pyro. I hope the new show doesn't cut how much they already used in the previous show. Drones should be an incremental effect to the show, not a replacement.
If the new show at epic universe is going to be pyro focused than this show is better off spending the budget on more drones in a way to make the shows distinct. I can deff see some pyro at the end at least where drones and better fountains take the bulk of the wow factor.

Reactions: TylerG
I'm not going to rehash this debate, but Cinematic Celebration had a decent selection/amount of pyro. I hope the new show doesn't cut how much they already used in the previous show. Drones should be an incremental effect to the show, not a replacement.
That show had lots of small shells being shot off. I think the point people are making is the pyro can't be on the level of, say, Happily Ever After. Those are extremely large shells that make Universal's pyro look like baby pyro in comparison. Not by any fault of Universal, just the way it is.

Didn't say cut entirely, I said diminished.

Edit to add - USF closes June 11th (Tuesday) at 6PM & June 12th at 7PM, a few days before public debut. Wouldn't be surprised to see parade & nighttime spectacular preview for APs on one of those days.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a private event on the 6PM close and simply an early close on the 12th because the park isn't busy enough to stay open later until the entertainment opens.

For what it's worth, CineCele did not have previews.

Last edited:
That show had lots of small shells being shot off. I think the point people are making is the pyro can't be on the level of, say, Happily Ever After. Those are extremely large shells that make Universal's pyro look like baby pyro in comparison. Not by any fault of Universal, just the way it is.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a private event on the 6PM close and simply an early close on the 12th because the park isn't busy enough to stay open later until the entertainment opens.

For what it's worth, CineCele did not have previews.
No , it opened and added Pyro later.

No , it opened and added Pyro later.
Yeah, media preview ran with no pyro, lots of negative comments from people who saw first few videos. 2nd night had some issues I think but a few days later the show ran as intended.

Really hope all goes well with this version's debut as the negative media preview and lack of any marketing push prevented CC from being well received.

Yeah, media preview ran with no pyro, lots of negative comments from people who saw first few videos. 2nd night had some issues I think but a few days later the show ran as intended.

Really hope all goes well with this version's debut as the negative media preview and lack of any marketing push prevented CC from being well received.
I know UOR did announce that CineCele was in Technical Rehearsals the first few nights so that fact wasn't hidden.

I'm guessing CineCele was rushed so it opened the way it did?

If CineSational needs Technical Rehearsals, let's hope it's before June 14th so Opening Night will look like what we're expecting....

Last edited:
Reactions: UniversalRBLX