CineSational: A Symphonic Spectacular | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

CineSational: A Symphonic Spectacular

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So it’s ending Aug 25 because of Halloween Horror Nights? Does that mean it might be back for the Christmas season? I’ll be there first week of December.

I don’t understand why they would invest so much time and money into a great new show that only runs for a few months.

I have to assume it will return after the Horror Nights season...

I know they say select nights but is it wrong to assume it's playing every night that the park is open until 9pm? Which looks like it's most nights from here to 8/25 save for three or four dates..

I know they say select nights but is it wrong to assume it's playing every night that the park is open until 9pm? Which looks like it's most nights from here to 8/25 save for three or four dates..
It’s “select nights” due to it stopping for HhN. It will run all those nights

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I'm flying back home today and I don't want to go. As you all know I had high expectatjons for CineSational and it still knocked me over. The story, the colors, the effects, and especially the music are perfect. Universal did it again and I have a new favorite nighttime show. I only wish I had more days here to see it again!!

I'm flying back home today and I don't want to go. As you all know I had high expectatjons for CineSational and it still knocked me over. The story, the colors, the effects, and especially the music are perfect. Universal did it again and I have a new favorite nighttime show. I only wish I had more days here to see it again!!
I extended my trip the extra day just for this same reason haha it’s that good

Reactions: GAcoaster
For a long time, I've been an advocate of Fantasmic and HEA being the standard for an amazing, top-tier nighttime show.

This not only met those standards, it may have surpassed them entirely. As everyone is saying, simply 'WOW'. Please try to see this in-person, it really is an amazing and awe-inspiring experience.

Just confirming that I didn't miss anything but...

There's no Jurassic Park drone featured in the show right? I thought they might have been missing as there was nothing during Mummy or JP sequence but figured they would've attempted at least the JP logo using drones.

CineSational: A Symphonic Spectacular is an epic trip down Universal's memory lane. We often don't throw the phrase "Don't Miss", but if you're making any plans to Universal Orlando this Summer... don't miss it.

Invisible Man fan club, RISE UP!! HE WASN'T FORGOTTEN!! :skull::heart:

200w.gif

This show is really something. Once the first HTTYD drone effect pops up, the show grabs you and runs, and doesn't relent until the show is good and over. I was smiling ear to ear pretty much the whole time. Those drone effects are so incredibly cool, and are used in such creative, beautiful, and purely fun ways. Seeing a 3D Stay Puft walking towards the crowd, Kong on the skyscraper with the three planes buzzing around, a giant Bruce head popping from above the red-lit water, "HUG TIME". :lmao:

The show really goes above and beyond with the limited venue that the USF Lagoon provides. The hook of movie music is incredibly simple and the picks are all great. I love the ways that less musical properties like Fast or Minions were incorporated. The lighting effects for scenes like the blood in the lagoon for Jaws, the super poppy rainbow colors for Trolls, the sets of Hill Valley or New York for BTTF and Ghostbusters set against Sting Alley. All of the E.T. Drone effects were just stunningly beautiful. There were so many moments where I audibly went "That's so cool", literally too many to count, and I feel like I'm not someone that does that too often!! It all works just so so well, and it really turns this nighttime lagoon show into an E-Ticket in it's own right.

Plus, welcome Nintendo to the Universal Orlando Resort! "Peaches" is a hell of an opening salvo haha!! I do wish there was some drone stuff for the Mario cast but hey, maybe we'll get something at Epic! I'm just so incredibly happy to see Bowser, Peach, Mario, Luigi, Toad, DK, and everyone finally making their Orlando park debut! I've waited my whole life for this!

Well I sorta remembered to get the songs for the pre-show and post-show.

30 min:
Soul Man - Blues Bros
Johnny B Goode
Bailey - A Dog’s Purpose
Dance to the Music - Sly and the Family Stone
Alex Dreams - The Last Starfighter
Sam at the Lake - Transformers
Shatterdome Arrival - Pacific Rim 2
Sky Full of Stars - Sing 2
First Man - Houston

5 min mark:
First Man - The Landing