Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

Looks like Christmas Decorations are going up in Citywalk, Wonder if this means Disneyland will open Main Street by Christmas for Tree Photo's as well

Is there any credence to the rumor that ludo bird is gonna be a temporary wizzarding world quick service thingy

I thought people had suggested that they can't bring food and drinks out of the land, due to contractual reasons?

It does give me..a thought on what might actually be replacing it though--in a sense.

All I can say is that Universal is in danger of being forgetten about if they don't announce some sort of event soon. At this point, they are literally the only SoCal park that hasn't announced any sort of event so far. SFMM has the drive through, Knott's has the food tasting, Disney is reopening parts of DCA for food and shopping, Sea World is having holiday events, and even Legoland is as well. They're starting to look real late to the party at a peak time of year when people are looking for safe outtings.

I mean yes, I would love them to do something but after all this they will bounce back...its not like locals won't remember the parks there a year from now.
Especially with Nintendoland on the way

In another thread I asked why the inside is not open in someway yet....and its unions which makes sense since Disneyland had the same issue months ago.

Also I just went today because the Tree is up and if lights go up there then I'm sure they will have ZERO problems bringing people in. I know I'm going to see if my friends want to meet up there for Dinnner in a few weeks if its all decorated.

Smart Move but I have NO clue how they are going to do the Q. The Dodgers Store and Universal Store already have Q lines near this location and so not sure where they will line people up when it gets over 20+ mins lines which is will get if they put Christmas lights up and advertise Butter Bear and Christmas decorations with free parking.

That being said man I'm excited to try yhr Ice Cream and have some new to get with friends around the Hoildays

Guessing they'll use the outside parking next to Dodgers as a overflow for both Clubhouse and the Pop-Up.
Makes the most sense, I predict this will get the longest lines of anything on Citywak.

Also this kinda shows that Universal does not plan on opening even the stores/restaurants in the park anytime soon

Awesome news. I was just there last weekend and was thinking about why they didn't have some kind of quick service cart for Butterbeer. Glad to see they've figured out a way to do it.
Also this kinda shows that Universal does not plan on opening even the stores/restaurants in the park anytime soon

Agree. I don't see them opening until they can actually open the entire park. Shopping and food wise, there isn't really anything in the upper lot area that you can't get at CityWalk, outside of Wizarding World. This is a good way to add some incentive to visiting in the meantime.

Last edited:
Awesome news. I was just there last weekend and was thinking about why they didn't have some kind of quick service cart for Butterbeer. Glad to see they've figured out a way to do it.

Agree. I don't see them opening until they can actually open the entire park. Shopping and food wise, there isn't really anything in the upper lot area that you can't get at CityWalk, outside of Wizarding World. This is a good way to add some incentive to visiting in the meantime.
I agree that the upper lot food isn't that different but for me I'd go just to get to walk around. So while I'd love them to open the upper lot...this kinda move makes me think we are still months away from even that. Which makes sense with cases rising (as predicted) and "rumors" from on here is the unions aren't wanting to go back to work in the park. So this is a work around for some of that.
I'd love them to open a second one with Simpsons drinks and snacks, but doubt that would be until after Christmas at this point unless the Potter spot does so well they want to try a second venue.

I agree that the upper lot food isn't that different but for me I'd go just to get to walk around. So while I'd love them to open the upper lot...this kinda move makes me think we are still months away from even that. Which makes sense with cases rising (as predicted) and "rumors" from on here is the unions aren't wanting to go back to work in the park. So this is a work around for some of that.
I'd love them to open a second one with Simpsons drinks and snacks, but doubt that would be until after Christmas at this point unless the Potter spot does so well they want to try a second venue.

Yeah, it'll probably be pretty well into 2021 at the earliest before they open up the theme park again just based on how things are going. In the meantime, I am all game for them doing things like this to help drive incentive. The free parking is also nice!

Wasn't Universal developing a plan to open up the park for food and retail? What happened to that?

My guess, and likely a probable one--they don't see the need of costs for operating only a small handful of guests with no attractions or entertainment to have on deck. And that with things as they are right now--would be better suited to open a pop-up location, until the time comes on when they can have the park opening at a level close to USF or IOA.

While I think it won't make them much money...I think Universal still wants to open the upper lot. It's kinda "free" advertisement for SLOP as well. Considering Disney had to make a deal with Unions before DCA could open not surprised that is the reason Universal is not opening soon. With how Big I think DCA being opened is going to be for Disney and Knotts Christmas event basically sold out, no double Universal wishes they could have more open

Universal Studios Hollywood has opened The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Sweets & Treats, a new seasonal walk-up location in CityWalk offering Butterbeer favorites and other Wizarding World treats.