CityWalk Hollywood | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A lot of times if it's very slow, all the team members hang out inside, making it appear not open. But then if you approach it, someone will emerge from the back to take your order. At least, that's how it's supposed to work, lol.

Although, maybe it's only open on weekends? I thought it was open on weekdays, but it could've changed.

A lot of times if it's very slow, all the team members hang out inside, making it appear not open. But then if you approach it, someone will emerge from the back to take your order. At least, that's how it's supposed to work, lol.

Although, maybe it's only open on weekends? I thought it was open on weekdays, but it could've changed.
It looked opened on Tuesday Night when I went...but I didn't try to buy anything but looked like someone was behind the counter. which is why i asked the other poster if they sold out..because that place seems to be open as much as the store next door.

Heads up while weekdays might not be so bad...the weekends are about to get WAY more Crowded.

I have never seen this many cars/people at Citywalk since Pre Pandemic. So heads up while I had no trouble getting in and when i let saw no long lines for the temperature check some places area really busy now like Vodoo

Anyone know if AMC is going to open this week?
The App says Friday but no show times are listed yet.

I think normally tomorrow is when they normally update times for the next week

Fandango has listings.

Tenet, in example; will be taking the IMAX theater, as Universal Citywalk will be having the 70MM version. Other movie theaters around the area will open as-well, as Disney already has Raya beginning to be played at the El Capitan on Friday as-well.

Yeah looked at the app and the time are there, tickets are still stupidly expensive and I'll wait to get A-list before heading back in

They just made Parking 10 Bucks....for sure not a slap in the face to anyone who already got tickets for the food event, I'm very much for supporting places but sneaky crap like this is BS.

• Sad
Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
They just made Parking 10 Bucks....for sure not a slap in the face to anyone who already got tickets for the food event, I'm very much for supporting places but sneaky crap like this is BS.

I think it's due to the reopening of the cinema. Parking is free after 5 pm.

I think it's due to the reopening of the cinema. Parking is free after 5 pm.
What would that have to do with anything? Does AMC own the parking?
99 percent of people going to the event are going before 5 pm

I know it will do nothing but still going to file a complaint with guest services (not mad at the cast members but want them to note to management how crappy this is)

I know it will do nothing but still going to file a complaint with guest services (not mad at the cast members but want them to note to management how crappy this is)

giphy.gif

With the park reportedly reopening in Late April as per Comcast words, it isn't shocking to see them go forward on bringing back parking costs. Especially as Taste of Universal is the first active pay-ticket event since...

...HHN 2019. Nearly a year and half at this point. Plus, the AP benefits should still take into effect for parking, no?

I bought tickets when the event had free parking the first weekend (and reviews) got to go without paying for parking

Why would it be different now?Not even half the restaurants/stores on citywalk are open but your going to charge before normal crowds are back there for lowering the amount of visits people go to support the businesses there?

Besides the CEO tell me who benefits from charging for parking while capacity is limited?

I bought tickets when the event had free parking the first weekend (and reviews) got to go without paying for parking

Why would it be different now?Not even half the restaurants/stores on citywalk are open but your going to charge before normal crowds are back there for lowering the amount of visits people go to support the businesses there?

Besides the CEO tell me who benefits from charging for parking while capacity is limited?

For one, I'd actually argue it stems towards a reason of adding more profitability, for a property that outside of it's film studio..has not had that much success. Hollywood has been closed for a year. With the park loomly reopening soon, it makes sense that they shift gears and prepare by reverting to some elements used at the parks before, like the parking fees (which, should be waivered if you have the AP benefits that allow free parking; considering they didn't nuke the AP system). They also are slowly reopening shops and dining all throughout, and it will likely continue as LA County has hit the Red Tier (And by the looks of it, should be getting into Orange in a month).

And as I mentioned (And you didn't bring up), Taste of Universal is the first direct payment event at the park property since Halloween Horror Nights 2019. USH has not gained profits following it's closure, and ontop of the sales of Taste of Universal; it makes absolute sense that they go forward with the return of paid parking up to 5PM.

It's different because SoCal is slowly opening back up. As has been stated, the Theater is reopening and the park is gearing up for a reopening soon. It's not like parking fees are some new charge; and you're still talking about a fee that is much less than the normal one.

So yeah - your complaint is really silly.

Last edited:
Not surprised they’re charging for parking again. Hell, I paid $11 a few days ago for parking at The Grove and that place was packed. Universal would be dumb not to charge now that there are more reasons to go.

Word on the street is that Gold and Platinum APs will continue to get free parking. Haven't tried it myself yet, though.

And personally, under the circumstances, if one could show proof they have tickets to TOU that day, I feel they should get free parking as well. Has anyone asked about that directly to Universal?

In a surprising turn of events, Starbucks Coffee in CityWalk Hollywood has officially closed.

In a surprising turn of events, Starbucks Coffee in CityWalk Hollywood has officially closed.

That's bound to upset all of the returning employees.