Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

Fountains are REALLY complicated.

Citywalk_121215_1.jpg

New trees look nice.  Nothing poke through the roof anymore.

Citywalk_121215_2.jpg
Citywalk_121215_3.jpg

This one doesn't look as complicated but it's not moving any faster than the other one.

Citywalk_121215_4.jpg

Evidence of new entry plans for new Chinese restaurant. 

Citywalk_121215_5.jpg
Citywalk_121215_6.jpg

This is so slow you'd think it's a real palace.

Citywalk_121215_7.jpg

Another view of the ET parking entrance near Buca di Beppo as reported in Parking Structure forum.

Citywalk_121215_8.jpg

The park entrance is still getting lots of attention.  These walls have been up long enough that I don't think it's just pavement being redone.  In fact, I don't think I see the ticket booths anymore.  I'll check on next visit.  Also, don't those skinny palm trees look too tall now?  I really like the new, full, shade-providing ones added to the new planter near the fountain.  I won't be surprised of these tall ones are replaced.

Park%20Details_121215_0.jpg

They definitely took out the ticket booth next to the red carpet

And the other one will be gone soon too

Sort of ironic that Universal is changing so radically while slowly inching away from its own properties for theme park attractions, and they just installed shiny new signage for E.T. Parking.

I'm a firm believer that if am updated version of ET opened at USH today, it would be popular. It might not sell merchandise like crazy, but I'm sure everyone would think it's a fun experience for everyone.

*sigh* I gotta visit Florida...

Currently having YouTube stars send in some videos so expect some new music when the holidays are over. Granted it's not a lot of new music but there definitely will be a playlist update very soon. 

So there won't be fireworks this year.

I'm assuming the property simply has too much construction for any sort of viewing party.

That's really unfortunate that they can't offer one night of fireworks. I understand they're busy with construction, but having one evening of fireworks for something like New Years should definitely be an exception. Would also entice people to visit USH and CityWalk that day and good practice to break in the New parking lot.

So there won't be fireworks this year.

I'm assuming the property simply has too much construction for any sort of viewing party.
Yep! Too much construction. Even if the construction were to be done before NYE, it takes too much coordination on such short notice to pull something off to that scale. Saddle Ranch may have an event, however.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll throw this, i'm a bit suprised that there isn't something at the AMC like last year, i believe.

Likewise, I had a good feeling that this would of happened, but I would of atleast thought that there'd be something of a replacement for the fireworks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fountain renovation still inching along.  Amazing how complicated it is just to squirt water.  I'm duly impressed.  Conversely, the Shoe Palace renovation isn't going any faster.  The changes there were so minimal to my eye that I couldn't muster the interest to lift my camera and snap a pic. Just how palatial is this Shoe Palace going to be?

Citywalk_122715_1.jpg
Citywalk_122715_2.jpg

Have you tried these apples at Popcornopolis?  Yum!  But be prepared to pucker because they're strong.  I'm told they only make them on weekends.  Try one if I haven't bought them all first. 

Citywalk_122715_3.jpg