CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Book Vivo early, I struggled pre Covid to get reservations for dinner there when calling within the month. Not sure now, just my tip. I find that restaurant excellent also.

Edit to remove the snark, but PSA, it’s 21+ to get into CityWalk at night now. Under 21 is okay as long as they’re with an adult, but yeah.

I assume that’ll end for HHN.

Last edited:
Edit to remove the snark, but PSA, it’s 21+ to get into CityWalk at night now. Under 21 is okay as long as they’re with an adult, but yeah.

I assume that’ll end for HHN.

Pretty sure they used to do this? I recall being turned away from CW a few years back. Don’t recall it being early though.

Pretty sure they used to do this? I recall being turned away from CW a few years back. Don’t recall it being early though.
They used to make CityWalk 21+ after 11 or 12 since the only thing open was 21+ clubs and the movie theater.

Under 21 going in after a certain time with parks closed does you no good.

Orlando Entertainment News (Save Pleasure Island) has been doing some CityWalk updates recently

Orlando Entertainment News (Save Pleasure Island) has been doing some CityWalk updates recently

Clubs? At theme parks? Sounds like a dated mid-2000s idea

fwiw, I think they were soft on the rule in recent years but seems like they are now reinforcing after the incident a few weeks back.

They might want to get that clarification to the person with the microphone near security saying it’s 21 and up only.

Going way back, there was a full purge after 10pm - meaning, a security guard sweep where 21+ could stay and under 21s were pushed to the garage to leave. But those were the days when the parks weren’t doing as well, there were three hotels, and the crowd could be a bit rough.

I understand pulling closing forward to midnight (most bars packed up at 10:30 though) and I can even understand not wanting people coming in late since CityWalk has plenty of demand in the 2-3 hours after park closing - it’s just an odd line to draw that seems like it’s just for someone on a Zoom call to say they’re on top of things when we all know it’s going away in four weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jwhee and shiekra38
I know Knott’s is having issues with teenage visitors and in general it seems people are wilding out in public everywhere since COVID (remember the first few NBA games with crowds all had brawls break out in the stands?) but is UO the only major Orlando tourist attraction that’s actually had to put a policy in place to address bad behavior?

I know Knott’s is having issues with teenage visitors and in general it seems people are wilding out in public everywhere since COVID (remember the first few NBA games with crowds all had brawls break out in the stands?) but is UO the only major Orlando tourist attraction that’s actually had to put a policy in place to address bad behavior?
I don't believe Disney said anything, they've had several documented brawls

Six Flags said something but no policies yet

But I believe Knotts is the beginning of a pattern as the social fabric continues to tear

Doing what, the parks will need to consider plans moving forward for more secure measures...it's the reality of the situation
Yeah. Kennywood has had a history of those problems, especially from youth in certain areas of Allegheny County ((Pittsburgh). One year they had to restrict youth entrance without adult supervision, and had to go as far as banning the wearing of red by youths since the Bloods Gangs were continually causing fights with other groups in the park. Not talking about the issue doesn't magically make the problem disappear. It exists. Hard reality.

Doing what, the parks will need to consider plans moving forward for more secure measures...it's the reality of the situation

He quoted the portion of your remark he was objecting to, and I agree. We're not gonna do the whole "society is unraveling" panic. There was an incident, and Universal is responding by enforcing a rule they had been lax on. Other parks are implementing their own strategies as the need arises. There isn't anything else to it.