CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree that it can be improved. Take out all non-Universal retail and replace with more activities.. for kids and adults. Bowling alley (the night club-style kind with music, lights, projectors, etc.) Change AMC to iPic style theater.. more restaurants

Personally speaking when it comes to the AMC, I expect that in the next few years that it'll get changes that makes it more like what Hollywood has.

Hollywood's in the process of putting new director level padded leather seats in their theaters. That will cut down the seating capacity since the seats are significantly larger, but they look very very comfortable.

Reactions: Joel
Hollywood's in the process of putting new director level padded leather seats in their theaters. That will cut down the seating capacity since the seats are significantly larger, but they look very very comfortable.

They also redid the lobby (and other holding rooms outside the theaters), added Christie projectors to all the theaters and upgraded the sound design to be using Dolby Atmos.

They invested a lot into upgrading everything about the theater, as they also renamed it to the Universal Cinemas branding..

First post here...:wave:

Is there any expandable land currently in CW? I would love bowling, lazer tag, ropes course, more dining options, etc...even if most of the current retail is booted, would there be space for some of these larger entertainment venues? There's just so many "great" ideas in the survey, they could fill CW 2.0, 3.0 and beyond.

Is there any expandable land currently in CW? I would love bowling, lazer tag, ropes course, more dining options, etc...even if most of the current retail is booted, would there be space for some of these larger entertainment venues? There's just so many "great" ideas in the survey, they could fill CW 2.0, 3.0 and beyond.
Welcome to OU. :thumbsup:.....There's probably going to be another City Walk type venue, either at Wet & Wild site or the new park on the Lockheed property. Plenty of opportunity to implement some of those survey concepts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Universal's AMC got upgraded with recliners because it's the less popular of the two AMCs in Orlando. My nearby AMC recently upgraded to them and they are absolutely amazing.

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
I wouldn't be surprised if Universal's AMC got upgraded with recliners because it's the less popular of the two AMCs in Orlando. My nearby AMC recently upgraded to them and they are absolutely amazing.
Yes, our local AMC has upgraded as well. I actually like their setup better than the upgraded UA/Regal one in my area. The loveseat feature (foldup armrest between two adjoining seats) is very cool

Welcome!
A ropes course would be tons of fun...Maybe where the splash pad is? I also wouldn't mind an escape room

Reactions: knoxmyers
Well there are 4 AMC movie theatres in the immediate Orlando Area. West Oaks surely being the least popular. By technical terms citywalk is the only AMC in "Orlando"

Last edited:
Reactions: tankart150