CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Bingo. And I'm totally fine with that. Voodoo is technically a chain too, right?

I just want to be able to eat somewhere that I can't find within 2-3 hours from my house.

I just want good, quality food, and Landry's restaurants are often not that.

I stand corrected, thank you for the information.

No problem. It's weird because the logo is still very much a Universal Pictures-looking logo, so it's an easy thought to have.

Though Cowfish is third party owned, it is run & staffed by Universal. Universal took it over after the initial opening ran into myriad operating problems. So, it's kind of a hybrid,
like Pat O'Briens, which is also managed and staffed by Universal.
It also may have been a decision by the Chinese partners in the resort.

But yea, my guess is any outside vendors brought into CW in the future will be "niche" franchises, not something you see at every tourist place like a Landry's restaurant

UMG is owned by Vivendi, not Comcast
Okay, this was the information I was searching for

One further question, does Universal still pay a licensing fee for The Cowfish ?

One further question, does Universal still pay a licensing fee for The Cowfish ?

No clue. I'd image so

That's true. Like @JungleSkip said - just gimme some really good food and a nice atmosphere/theming.

Eh. I don't even need theming. The only "themed" restaurant in CityWalk is Toothsome, and even that is pretty sparse.

Reactions: kingcooger

The Cowfish locations at Universal are franchises. Franchised to Universal, so yes they pay some sort of fee. I can see them buying their own franchises of some other bigger brands to bring into CityWalk.

Pretty sure VooDoo is also a franchise

The Cowfish locations at Universal are franchises. Franchised to Universal, so yes they pay some sort of fee. I can see them buying their own franchises of some other bigger brands to bring into CityWalk.

Pretty sure VooDoo is also a franchise
Okay, good to know

What strikes me as interesting is that the franchises they have picked are not major market

Voodoo and Cowfish were both local type restaurants

I imagine/hope going forward that if they were to continue this pattern, they would pick smaller companies to work with on their restaurants

I would like to see Universal's take on a Homecomin' type restaurant

Granted, they have a lot of American fare already represented

That and an authentic Asian cuisine offering would be my two pics

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I would like to see Universal's take on a Homecomin' type restaurant

Granted, they have a lot of American fare already represented

That and an authentic Asian cuisine offering would be my two pics
uhhhh Panda Express?

just kidding

I'd love an Asian place. We have Mexican, Italian, Jamaican (obligatory "don't touch Bob Marley's comment).. so an Asian restaurant could fit very well to increase the variety.

But I'm totally up for a Southern style or BBQ place as well! I know people don't like when they keep adding restaurants but I always like when they add a new one.

Maybe I'm just fat.

uhhhh Panda Express?

just kidding

I'd love an Asian place. We have Mexican, Italian, Jamaican (obligatory "don't touch Bob Marley's comment).. so an Asian restaurant could fit very well to increase the variety.

But I'm totally up for a Southern style or BBQ place as well! I know people don't like when they keep adding restaurants but I always like when they add a new one.

Maybe I'm just fat.
Lol, love me some Panda

On the matter of Asian restaurants, I would want it to be pretty authentic

We would probably get Universal's version of a PF Changs which wouldn't be ideal

As far as breakfast, I feel like if someone is to get breakfast it's a grab and go type thing

If they want to sit down, they're probably staying onsite, so they'd eat at the hotel anyway

IDK, just a hunch

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
uhhhh Panda Express?

just kidding

Maybe I'm just fat.
I want to say it was @Disneyhead who posted the idea of Whistle Stop Cafe from Fried Green Tomatoes and now I cannot get that idea out of my head

I would love an Asian eatery of some sort and I would be thrilled if they had proper steamed buns and maybe put their own twist on them like this restaurant: BAO® – Official Site — BAO Soho

Also, I get excited for their new restaurants too

As far as breakfast, I feel like if someone is to get breakfast it's a grab and go type thing

If they want to sit down, they're probably staying onsite, so they'd eat at the hotel anyway

IDK, just a hunch
I find that a problem, The Kitchen does not serve until later (guess rock stars sleep in) and HRC is even later I think by half hour or so? Does not seem to be a push to put people through a meal. If you stop in Mickey D's up the road early it is pretty busy with a mix of locals and park people.

Of course all that is changed now so I want to see what they do if anything.