Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

This place was doomed the moment they closed Cigars.

Actually think it was the pandemic that did it in. Its location didn't help and without the traffic from the theater and the Red Coconut Club, it just sat there all by its lonely. The replacement is allegedly gonna be another quick-service location, so it'll probably be something "safe" to go along with BK, Panda, and Moe's across the way.

On a side note, kinda bummed in a way. We've only eaten there a few times, but it was one of the first things I remember covering in my early days of covering the parks.

This was probably one of my favorite spots to eat in CityWalk, perfect for if you want a quick bite that was still high quality. It was a tra

Fusion Bistro Sushi & Sake..has closed.

This was probably one of my favorite spots to eat in CityWalk, perfect for if you want a quick bite that was still high quality. The great thing about it was that not many knew about it so it was a great place to relax while eating some quality sushi. You will be missed

Our little blurb:

It was our go-to place for a snack in CityWalk. My daughter would get the Tempura Shrrimp Roll. And I would get the California Roll and a hot Sake.

Bet it becomes a Universal O&O bar. (Something like Jethro's Moonshine Shack).

Last edited:
Our little blurb:

I love Sushi at any time of day and visit the parks once a month. I'll admit that this place never drew me in.

Now that I think of it, I don't believe I've been up to CityWalk's top level since 2009 lol

It was our go-to place for a snack in CityWalk. My daughter would get the Tempura Shrrimp Roll. And I would get the California Roll and a hot Sake.

Bet it becomes a Universal O&O bar. (Something like Jethro's Moonshine Shack).

I’d be surprised if anything goes there at all, the location is...not ideal.

But it was a good spot if you knew how to get to it. I won’t miss it but, it was unique which is nice.

I’d be surprised if anything goes there at all, the location is...not ideal.

But it was a good spot if you knew how to get to it. I won’t miss it but, it was unique which is nice.
I ventured up to the other quick serve in the area a few times but I can't remember it being open. Maybe it operated later in the day?

I went up there once in 12 visits in the last 10 years, just to see what was up there (the whole fast food court thing). Never went up again. I didn't know they had sake though!

I was tempted to sit down in March to eat up there, but it was impossible to find seating because of the distancing guidelines that pushed the BK/PE/Moe's crowd out into the walkways. So, I'm sure that didn't help.

Its strange how difficult it is to get a reservation for Dinner at City Walk now. Used to just go to the Front service desk and ask "how long a wait" Now your booking one to two days out.
They are finding it hard to get people. Even Loews is having a job fair. Hate to plan dinner that far ahead. Least its not Disney. ;)

Its strange how difficult it is to get a reservation for Dinner at City Walk now. Used to just go to the Front service desk and ask "how long a wait" Now your booking one to two days out.
They are finding it hard to get people. Even Loews is having a job fair. Hate to plan dinner that far ahead. Least its not Disney. ;)
Yes, it is a good idea to reserve your spot, especially for dinner, on the Universal website

That being said, lunch is pretty simple, if you go right after the rush

But yeah dinner is cray lol

Yes, it is a good idea to reserve your spot, especially for dinner, on the Universal website

That being said, lunch is pretty simple, if you go right after the rush

But yeah dinner is cray lol
Are the filled reservations due to restaurants reduced covid seating or are the numbers of people eating there higher than normal seasons?