Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

From UOTeam:

Beginning Tuesday, October 5, the CityWalk Bus Loop will begin a long-term construction project that will conclude in Spring 2022. This work will temporarily affect the location of several shuttle stops in that area.

Shuttle Stop Information and Reminders

• Work will begin Tuesday, October 5, and will continue through Spring 2022.
  • The shuttle stops for Endless Summer Resort, Lynx, and Destination Universal Partner hotels will be relocated to the back of the Bus Loop.
  • Guests and Team Members can follow signage to the temporary stops.
  • Guests and Team Members who utilize Rideshare services should be picked up and dropped off on level 5 of the Garage in the Jurassic Park section.
  • Pick up and drop off is NOT permitted in the Bus Loop.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding while construction is underway.
Update to this project:

There's a new notice of commencement for Nassal to add new "Interior Additions" to the new Universal Studios Store. Was filed a couple days ago.

Listed as P298, which was the project number for combining the retail locations into the new store, so I assume that what this is for anyway.

Maybe themed Xmas display? Not sure. They do prefabricated work all the theme parks, in case you aren't aware.

nassal.jpg

There's a new notice of commencement for Nassal to add new "Interior Additions" to the new Universal Studios Store. Was filed a couple days ago.

Listed as P298, which was the project number for combining the retail locations into the new store, so I assume that what this is for anyway.

Maybe themed Xmas display? Not sure. They do prefabricated work all the theme parks, in case you aren't aware.

View attachment 15648
You cruise by their yard lately?

Another permit for P235 was filed last week and it included the building number, B713 - which confirms that P235 is indeed for The Groove - not too surprising, considering the work walls.

b713.jpg

I think it’s the other one. Escape Room.

I don’t know about the supposed SNL one. Still doesn’t feel real. At least the escape room has a trademark.
Either I’m cool with, as a massive SNL fan, the ideas surrounding it sound super intriguing.

Curious how they'd handle capacity issues for an escape room. That said, VOID seemed to work just fine.

Curious how they'd handle capacity issues for an escape room. That said, VOID seemed to work just fine.
Nothing to really worry about. It’s just like any other escape room. Book online and if it’s filled it’s filled.