Comcast Q2 2024 Earnings | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Comcast Q2 2024 Earnings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Simple google search...

"In the first quarter of 2024, US consumer spending increased to $15,643 billion, up from $15,586.67 billion in the fourth quarter of 2023."

Spending wasn't down in the first quarter, yet Orlando and theme parks were. I really don't see this as an economy issue, but more of a what people want to do with their vacation money and Orlando isn't winning.

This is why I said “triaging” their money. People are being more particular than ever on how they spend their money. Clearly theme parks in Orlando are not on the agenda this year.

Does that figure go into how much of the spending is by holding more debt and spending above one’s means? I know that’s a relatively big issue here in Canada, debt load by individual is increasing.

This is why I said “triaging” their money. People are being more particular than ever on how they spend their money. Clearly theme parks in Orlando are not on the agenda this year.

Does that figure go into how much of the spending is by holding more debt and spending above one’s means? I know that’s a relatively big issue here in Canada, debt load by individual is increasing.
Personal individual wealth is healthy here though, mostly due to the rising value of housing/real estate , the stock market & individual retirement investment plans. Of course, that's not equal among all income levels & demographics, and not all share in this. But the average number is very healthy.

Reactions: Evan