Console Gaming (General) | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Backbone is $100, how much is the phone? Yes, I'd spend the money on a dedicated device like this to sit next to my bed or play when football is on. This isn't a new platform, that's kinda the point.
I mean, if you own a PS5 very….very likely you own a phone

also you have to have a PS5 still to use this. Why not have a picked cloud gaming and said the device can Play PS5 games anywhere you have WiFi?

Even that I could understand more but Sony (who invested in cloud gaming back in the PS3 generation) just doesn’t have that great of streaming compared to xbox

At work I just throw my back bone on and play Xbox games at lunch. I just think it’s not that great of an investment unless it super cheap but anything over 200 and think your looking at something that will not pick up much steam

I mean, if you own a PS5 very….very likely you own a phone

also you have to have a PS5 still to use this. Why not have a picked cloud gaming and said the device can Play PS5 games anywhere you have WiFi?

Even that I could understand more but Sony (who invested in cloud gaming back in the PS3 generation) just doesn’t have that great of streaming compared to xbox

At work I just throw my back bone on and play Xbox games at lunch. I just think it’s not that great of an investment unless it super cheap but anything over 200 and think your looking at something that will not pick up much steam

Personally I think the device rocks and is better than a backbone. My phone's screen is smaller and likely much heavier than this will be, and frankly, sometimes I don't want to tie up my phone when playing PS5. We'll see what new details come out, but sony offering an official backbone and then this seems like a winner?

Personally I think the device rocks and is better than a backbone. My phone's screen is smaller and likely much heavier than this will be, and frankly, sometimes I don't want to tie up my phone when playing PS5. We'll see what new details come out, but sony offering an official backbone and then this seems like a winner?
I think price will play into it along with of switch 2 is annouced

But time will tell, I just think Sony could have made this device more appealing by making it where you could cloud game on it anywhere as well. I think then it could be have made more sense, at least to me

I think price will play into it along with of switch 2 is annouced

But time will tell, I just think Sony could have made this device more appealing by making it where you could cloud game on it anywhere as well. I think then it could be have made more sense, at least to me

Have they said if you can cloud game anywhere or just remote from the same network? Or are those details coming out later?

As a card-carrying member of Vita Island, I would LOVE to see Sony do another, proper handheld but I know they don't have the resources to support it. Guess we'll see! If it's $199 or lower I want it, anything higher feels like a non starter.

Sony needs to push to make the upper tiers of PS plus work like gamepass

If it’s on there you can play it anywhere, regardless of you own the console or not.

I really don’t understand why after the success of moving exclusives to PC they don’t see how many new customers and fans they are missing out on by limiting how their cloud tech works and even this new controller is limited to who would by it by making it only work if you own a PS5

Have they said if you can cloud game anywhere or just remote from the same network? Or are those details coming out later?

As a card-carrying member of Vita Island, I would LOVE to see Sony do another, proper handheld but I know they don't have the resources to support it. Guess we'll see! If it's $199 or lower I want it, anything higher feels like a non starter.
For better or worse I think the Switch and any of its successors have likely shut out Sony from having another handheld even as successful as the PSP was. Not to mention the Steam Deck likely taking the “hardcore” portion of that market.

The only way Sony could do it is if they supported it with games that are consistently on par with their home console counterparts and don’t feel like watered down after thoughts.

A pretty good showcase, some of the flow is meh but the overall games at the show were pretty great

Ubisoft and Capconms conferences where...just kinda jokes

I don't think either neither had to be things both just had no flow and while some cool things being shown off the biggest things have been showed better at other shows

Ubisoft and Capconms conferences where...just kinda jokes

I don't think either neither had to be things both just had no flow and while some cool things being shown off the biggest things have been showed better at other shows
We did finally get something from Frontiers Of Pandora and a release date. Unfortunately, no actual gameplay was shown. I actually really like that it will be from a first person perspective as I think that fits Avatar pretty well. Supposedly James Cameron has been pretty hands on in terms of being adamant that quality is here and that Ubisoft not rush this game, which is why it has been delayed so many times.

Looks great graphically in the cinematic trailer, but I want to see gameplay and what you're actually doing in this game. I'm guessing it's sort of close to Far Cry where it's first person open world. Hopefully it's more like Far Cry 4 and less like FC6. I will say the one thing I took from the trailer is i'm not really feeling the voice acting from the lead character yet.

We did finally get something from Frontiers Of Pandora and a release date. Unfortunately, no actual gameplay was shown. I actually really like that it will be from a first person perspective as I think that fits Avatar pretty well. Supposedly James Cameron has been pretty hands on in terms of being adamant that quality is here and that Ubisoft not rush this game, which is why it has been delayed so many times.

Looks great graphically in the cinematic trailer, but I want to see gameplay and what you're actually doing in this game. I'm guessing it's sort of close to Far Cry where it's first person open world. Hopefully it's more like Far Cry 4 and less like FC6. I will say the one thing I took from the trailer is i'm not really feeling the voice acting from the lead character yet.

Gameplay

Reactions: Nick

Not saying they didn't have games but as presentations they just were underwhelming for a AAA company

I'm very interest in how the Avatar game does, the films and land are doing so well you'd assume so will the game but we will wait and see

Not saying they didn't have games but as presentations they just were underwhelming for a AAA company

I'm very interest in how the Avatar game does, the films and land are doing so well you'd assume so will the game but we will wait and see
Look, I’m a big fan of the Avatar films. I really enjoy Flight of Passage. However, those are both things meant to be *experienced* either on a ride or in a theater in all of its 3D 48 fps glory.

There’s no guarantee an Avatar game will do extremely well since the franchise doesn’t really have a “fan base” to speak of. It’s made $5.2B over two movies almost solely on the back of hype, word of mouth and being beloved by the average movie goer to the point where it doesn’t need an active fan base.

Not having an avid fan base though WILL hurt it as a $70 game unless the game is just insane. I predict it will be pretty good but met with apathy by many and people will wait for it to come to Gamepass or PlayStation Plus.

Look, I’m a big fan of the Avatar films. I really enjoy Flight of Passage. However, those are both things meant to be *experienced* either on a ride or in a theater in all of its 3D 48 fps glory.

There’s no guarantee an Avatar game will do extremely well since the franchise doesn’t really have a “fan base” to speak of. It’s made $5.2B over two movies almost solely on the back of hype, word of mouth and being beloved by the average movie goer to the point where it doesn’t need an active fan base.

Not having an avid fan base though WILL hurt it as a $70 game unless the game is just insane. I predict it will be pretty good but met with apathy by many and people will wait for it to come to Gamepass or PlayStation Plus.
Agreed but I'm still interested to see how it translates in a game and really confused how they have not made a mobile game of Avatar yet. I feel that would do very well

Reactions: Jake S and Nick
Yep, that sounds like me!

Or if it gets included in a sale a year after release.

Agreed but I'm still interested to see how it translates in a game and really confused how they have not made a mobile game of Avatar yet. I feel that would do very well
I actually think as a game it has real promise, but it’s just not going to be something people are going to rush out for. I sort of expect it to be Day 1 on Gamepass to spread word of mouth about it since it being on Gamepass will get people playing it.

Also, I think two Avatar mobile games came out last year.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
So the Direct rumors were true. A SNES remake (Super Mario RPG!!!) and a new 2D Mario (Wonder). Honestly I thought the confirmation of the second rumor was the Princess Peach game. I’m so happy they moved on from NSMB and the art looks like an adaption of the 2D art from the original games!!!!!! This thing is going to sell absolute gangbusters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon
So the Direct rumors were true. A SNES remake (Super Mario RPG!!!) and a new 2D Mario (Wonder). Honestly I thought the confirmation of the second rumor was the Princess Peach game. I’m so happy they moved on from NSMB and the art looks like an adaption of the 2D art from the original games!!!!!! This thing is going to sell absolute gangbusters.
Nintendo killed it

Especially compared to other show cases this one has everything

New things out today, DLC for games people play and new and remake titles

Just yeah, a great show case

Reactions: Mike S
One complaint though is that I would’ve preferred the FIRST Luigi’s Mansion came to Switch since it’s the superior game and its gloomy atmosphere that the other two went away from would’ve looked GORGEOUS remade in high definition. I’m still going to buy it though lol

Another thing to point out is that I’m pretty sure the Switch is now my all time favorite console and also the one I’ve bought the most games for which is strange because I’m also at a point in my life where I have the least amount of free time to play. I’VE STILL BARELY SCRATCHED THE SURFACE IN ZELDA!!!! :sob::lmao: