Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Coronado Springs - Gran Destino Tower

All sounds pretty luxe for it being Coronado Springs.
The new tower is meant to be a Deluxe tower within a Moderate Resort. With Coronado being Disney's busiest Convention hotel, building more upscale rooms only made sense and they probably have it earmarked as future DVC conversion as well.

Does the new tower blend in with the rest of the resort? The concept art looks vaguely Arabic, like it took a bit of inspiration from the Taj Mahal.

I live in Arizona, a hotbed for all types of Mexican food, from New Mexican, Mexico City, Baja, Sonoran etc...this stuff screams inauthentic.
It’s a theme park resort, dude. If I want authentic Mexican food, I’ll go to, idk, Mexico? Certainly not Coronado Springs at Walt Disney World.

Does the new tower blend in with the rest of the resort? The concept art looks vaguely Arabic, like it took a bit of inspiration from the Taj Mahal.
No

You seem to hate anything related to these new resorts. :bored:
You’re right. I’ve been negative on them. The rooms do definitely look deluxe and nicely themed, especially for a Mexico-inspired resort which can get cheesy fast. I’ve also come around to the Riviera and would actually consider staying there.

It’s a theme park resort, dude. If I want authentic Mexican food, I’ll go to, idk, Mexico? Certainly not Coronado Springs at Walt Disney World.
That’s fair. I guess I meant more that it doesn’t even seem like upscale Mexican food. It seems like modern American cuisine with touches of Mexican influence. I was just hoping for a little bit more of an upscale San Angel Inn.

You’re right. I’ve been negative on them. The rooms do definitely look deluxe and nicely themed, especially for a Mexico-inspired resort which can get cheesy fast. I’ve also come around to the Riviera and would actually consider staying there.
Are you being serious or sarcastic ???

Views from around the resort from BlogMickey:
gran-destino-tower-coronado-springs-construction-02192019-31-1024x682.jpg

gran-destino-tower-coronado-springs-construction-02192019-30-1024x682.jpg

gran-destino-tower-coronado-springs-construction-02192019-33-1024x682.jpg

gran-destino-tower-coronado-springs-construction-02192019-34-1024x543.jpg

The tower is the first thing you see upon check-in now (and once completed, will be where all guests check in for the resort):
img_0375-1024x768.jpg

PHOTOS: Coronado Springs Construction Update (Gran Destino Tower, Three Bridges Bar and Grill, Panchitos Gift Shop) - Blog Mickey

I booked here for over the summer. Is there no new pool coming along with the tower?

I've sort of warmed up to the look of the hotel and how it meshes with the rest of the resort. Probably just because i've grown used to it by now.

I booked here for over the summer. Is there no new pool coming along with the tower?
No new pool.

I've sort of warmed up to the look of the hotel and how it meshes with the rest of the resort. Probably just because i've grown used to it by now.

No new pool.
Yea it doesn’t look so bad compared to the original resort and I think the colors and design chosen were to make it blend a little.

A look at the inside of the new tower. The elevators seem to use the same method that is in use at the Paradise Pier Hotel where you select your floor before getting on, no buttons inside the elevator.