Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Coronado Springs - Gran Destino Tower

I really love how this turned out, but it’s so odd having such a high end hotel next to a bunch of rooms that look like and are on the level of a Southwest-themed apartment complex. I won't be surprised at all though if down the line, more of the original Coronado buildings are demolished for another tower and DVC taking up residence at the Resort. Or DVC just retrofitting rooms at the existing tower down the line.

One way or another I have a feeling DVC will end up here.

Was surprised to learn that the name of this new tower and many of the elements within it are from this animated short by Salvador Dali and Walt Disney. Work began on the short in 1945, but it is unique in that it wasn't completed until 2003, however.