Current State of Busch Gardens | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Current State of Busch Gardens

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Two reasons I can think of:
Budget was cut, one less show.
Theater was being worked on, as far as I could tell.
I am not saying I am right, just that I have seen that theater fill up in the middle of the day from those shows.
Also with the 3-D show gone that theater would be the best place for Madagasgar show IMO.

Two reasons I can think of:
Budget was cut, one less show.
Theater was being worked on, as far as I could tell.
I am not saying I am right, just that I have seen that theater fill up in the middle of the day from those shows.
Also with the 3-D show gone that theater would be the best place for Madagasgar show IMO.

Fiends is a very popular show that got moved to a smaller theater. It was a test run before they took it's normal theater away.
Madagascar is going in the Stanleyville Theater which is going to be closed in and air conditioned.

Ahh sorry I got my theaters mixed up. Timbuktu is the one that used to have dolphins and then had that acient 4d film with all the dead comedians right

Yeah once I leave the park imma go to pickup a streetwalker down the street and have one for $20. :)

BGT is a really well maintained park. But smack in the projects is the only downside.

You've got to remember it started as part of a brewery tour. Brewery get put in the industrial side of town which is usually not pretty.

Getting there shouldn't be a concern, you can take I75 or I275 to Fowler, both heavily populated, well lit at night roads, that I have driven on many times with no issues. And inside the gates of BGT are more than safe. Busch Blvd. is a bit concerning, but not really in near vicinity to the park. So safety of getting there isn't really an issue in my opinion.

As someone who visits, works in and studies the management of theme parks I am very critical. Sorry if I seem negative but everyone who I knows agrees that SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are at the bottom in terms of service. They don't acknowledge their guests, they don't know how to solve problems, they don't show any enthusiasm in their work and a lot of them look like slobs. This isn't saying anything about the employees themselves. It says something about SeaWorld Parks Management. They don't uphold standards for their staff and constantly approach issues the wrong way.

If I had to guess, half of the front line employees at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are only hired on for 6 months and then let go. I still don't know why they choose to staff their parks this way instead of just hiring in part time employees but they do. They make their employees feel like they aren't important and don't empower them to think outside the box or solve issues. It brings down morale and caries over into their interactions with guests; making for a poor experience in terms of service from the staff.

I believe a large number of the members on this forum are tourists and probably only go to the parks about once or twice a year. But Next time you go to SeaWorld, observe and try to see how many people look like they are enjoying themselves or are happy to serve you. Ask them questions about the parks rides, hours or any other information. Then do the same thing at Disney or Universal. I guarantee you will notice a difference or your money back!

As someone who visits, works in and studies the management of theme parks I am very critical. Sorry if I seem negative but everyone who I knows agrees that SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are at the bottom in terms of service. They don't acknowledge their guests, they don't know how to solve problems, they don't show any enthusiasm in their work and a lot of them look like slobs. This isn't saying anything about the employees themselves. It says something about SeaWorld Parks Management. They don't uphold standards for their staff and constantly approach issues the wrong way.

If I had to guess, half of the front line employees at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are only hired on for 6 months and then let go. I still don't know why they choose to staff their parks this way instead of just hiring in part time employees but they do. They make their employees feel like they aren't important and don't empower them to think outside the box or solve issues. It brings down morale and caries over into their interactions with guests; making for a poor experience in terms of service from the staff.

I believe a large number of the members on this forum are tourists and probably only go to the parks about once or twice a year. But Next time you go to SeaWorld, observe and try to see how many people look like they are enjoying themselves or are happy to serve you. Ask them questions about the parks rides, hours or any other information. Then do the same thing at Disney or Universal. I guarantee you will notice a difference or your money back!

You would be quite wrong.

And based on what I've seen the management cares a great deal.

If I had to guess, half of the front line employees at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are only hired on for 6 months and then let go.

*cough* Disney's College Program *cough*

Also I'll agree with your points on guest service if we're comparing Orlando parks.

Sorry if I offended you talking bad about your employer but this is just how I feel. Can you give me some examples of what specifically you have experienced working for the company?