Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Current State of Busch Gardens

As someone who visits, works in and studies the management of theme parks I am very critical. Sorry if I seem negative but everyone who I knows agrees that SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are at the bottom in terms of service. They don't acknowledge their guests, they don't know how to solve problems, they don't show any enthusiasm in their work and a lot of them look like slobs. This isn't saying anything about the employees themselves. It says something about SeaWorld Parks Management. They don't uphold standards for their staff and constantly approach issues the wrong way.

If I had to guess, half of the front line employees at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are only hired on for 6 months and then let go. I still don't know why they choose to staff their parks this way instead of just hiring in part time employees but they do. They make their employees feel like they aren't important and don't empower them to think outside the box or solve issues. It brings down morale and caries over into their interactions with guests; making for a poor experience in terms of service from the staff.

I believe a large number of the members on this forum are tourists and probably only go to the parks about once or twice a year. But Next time you go to SeaWorld, observe and try to see how many people look like they are enjoying themselves or are happy to serve you. Ask them questions about the parks rides, hours or any other information. Then do the same thing at Disney or Universal. I guarantee you will notice a difference or your money back!

Seaworld parks do hold their employees to a standard, but you are correct it is a lower standard. Look at the ride ops for an easy example, you'll see a lot more leaning, gum chewing and lazy hand signals. That being said they do their jobs safely, but not necessarily as efficiently as they could. And yes the management is partly to blame, but there are a host of other issues. The seasons affect them a lot more then they do the other parks in central Florida (although Universal used to be in the same boat) and in turn they do rely on a lot of seasonal employees who aren't always the most knowledge. Also more people set out to work at Universal (for potter) and Disney then go "I want to work at Seaworld". And lastly they just don't have the money to back it up (although strangely for a lot of non entry level positions they do pay better then the other parks)

Those same attitudes can be found in every park, and I see the same employees at BGT just about every time I am there.

Travel the country and visit some of the seasonal parks, you'll see some great service and you'll see some people who just plain don't care.

After visiting the park yesterday I have some great news to share compliments of scorpions ride op! While chatting with a guest gwazi came up thays when the ride op broke the news that gwazi was being moved to busch gardens williamsburg! None of us saw this coming... -__-.

After visiting the park yesterday I have some great news to share compliments of scorpions ride op! While chatting with a guest gwazi came up thays when the ride op broke the news that gwazi was being moved to busch gardens williamsburg! None of us saw this coming... -__-.

Moving a woodie to another park? :stunned: Has this been done before? Sounds complicated.

Im going to be very sad if they do move it and then get it retrofitted with some topper track and new trains and turns it into an smooth awesome ride :nunchucks:

It is possible, but IDK how likely it is. Don't hold your breath till more information comes to light. But I would not be sad to see that one go... I can't ride it, who wants a ride that leaves you in pain afterwards?