Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

D23 Expo 2022 - News & Rumors

Jun 27, 2019
Hey guys, I couldn’t really find a forum dedicated to this topic. I’ve been debating on if I should attend the D23 Expo next year, because I want to see what’s to offer for the 50th anniversary of WDW and the movies panel because of all the marvel stuff including Thor!!! It felt like it was only enjoyable if you were a celebrity or media or had some sort of connection to some influencer and I’m just some random from Atlanta so it was frustrating. I’m on the fence tho because last year was a mess and there’s so much uncertainty. I got to do what I wanted to do, but it was more complicated and just all over the place and I don’t know if I should go or not? What are you guys thoughts?
----------------------------------------------------------
MOD EDIT:

D23 Expo Panels to watch out for and their associated times:

Friday, September 9th:
Disney Live Action/Pixar/WDAS - 3:30pm PST

Saturday, September 10th:
Marvel Studios/LucasFilm/20th Century - 10am PST

Disney Branded Television - 3:30pm PST

Sunday, September 11th:
A Boundless Future: Disney Parks Experiences and Products - 10:30am PST

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. This might be my first time attending one. But I hear it can be such a s---show, that you should do VIP or bust. Or maybe just not care to do any panels?

Hmm.. This might be my first time attending one. But I hear it can be such a s---show, that you should do VIP or bust. Or maybe just not care to do any panels?
From what I always hear, the best way to enjoy is to not waste time trying to get into any of the major panels and just enjoy the smaller ones and the show floor. It's not like you won't hear about all the info from the Studios and Parks panel almost immediately as they're happening anyway.

From what I always hear, the best way to enjoy is to not waste time trying to get into any of the major panels and just enjoy the smaller ones and the show floor. It's not like you won't hear about all the info from the Studios and Parks panel almost immediately as they're happening anyway.
Precisely, hopefully they eliminated the need to get there early so it won’t be like last year. I had to skip goodnight sleeps to get into the major panels and sleep in the basement which I wouldn’t recommend. So I agree with Nick.

I've slept in the basement of doom many times, but by round five, it just wasn't worth it. Over the year's there's been a marketed shift in the major panels from both marketing and behind the scenes details of films (especially the animated ones) to just marketing. Same for the show floor where it's become more about selling merch than interesting panels. I remember going into a panel for the Music of Galaxy's Edge in 2019 and the panel just talked for 20 minutes about how good a job they did, at which point I left.

Archives panels are good though, but I think the show has become too big for its own good and I don't plan on going again.

I've gone to a few...if you don't have VIP you are only going to see maybe a few not so hot panels and or wait in line so long it makes the event just not as special

its two years away so start saving now and get VIP for the best time.

Does Disney provide the grain of salt for whatever they announce during the Parks & Resorts panel? And how long is that line?

I can't imagine sleeping in line overnight for a panel where a large percentage of announcements rarely actually happen.
As someone who has gone, its a blast its just fun to be in the crowd....but yeah VIP badge of nothing at this point Disney has exploded into popularity since this event started
Like early 2000s, no one cared about Disney, the theme parks were dead after 9/11 and the movies were not given any love except Pixar films then bam they make a few great animated movies, buy Marvel and then Star Wars and everyone is like "Disney always has been cool"

can't wait for the boos
Chapek might not be there though (at least not at the parks presentation) and D’amaro has a fan club, so I’d lower the expectation for any boos.

Also, Walt’s plane will be brought over to the Expo this year.

I'd also add that spending any kind of money to boo somebody in a non-wrestling venue is never the own that one thinks it might be.

So no Sorceror Pass this year. I would not have expected Disney to give up selling packages at that price point.