Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

D23 Expo 2022 - News & Rumors

I expect D23 to announce a new...popcorn bucket in the shape of Walt's head.
Dinoland USA gets transformed into 'Star Wars original trilogy and Ewoks movies land' with the main attraction an Ewok village (but it's actually a neighboring village called E-woke-land where Jar Jar Binks was crowned a god for some reason that will be explained in a comic series released later). For just $350 a U-Haul bus will bring you in the style of a cargo spaceship to Galaxy edge so guest can relive the film series from episode 4 to 9.

I expect D23 to announce a new...popcorn bucket in the shape of Walt's head.
Dinoland USA gets transformed into 'Star Wars original trilogy and Ewoks movies land' with the main attraction an Ewok village (but it's actually a neighboring village called E-woke-land where Jar Jar Binks was crowned a god for some reason that will be explained in a comic series released later). For just $350 a U-Haul bus will bring you in the style of a cargo spaceship to Galaxy edge so guest can relive the film series from episode 4 to 9.

There is some irony about removing lids from sodas to save on plastic waste / shout about your green credentials and flooding the parks with plastic popcorn buckets...if only that was the worst thing Darth Chapek had done

What I predict we'll hear from D23:

WDW:

-Opening date for Tron
-More details on Splash Mountain 2.0

Potential wildcards:
-Zootopia expansion for AK
-RnRC overlay

DL:
-More details on Splash Mountain 2.0
-First look at MMRR
-Avengers E-Ticket details

Potential wildcard:
-Tomorrowland expansion?

I'm expecting a final timeline/target date for the final Epcot plans, probably not the Play pavilion unless its gotten a new IP overlay, new DVC potentially coming to the north of the Grand Floridian, maybe a new show replacement for Little Mermaid at DHS, Fantasmic details if it hasn't opened by then and I believe Disney has a 2nd new cruise ship coming soon - probably a name reveal.

The two "big" items I'm expecting are Cosmic Rewind (probably rethemed to... Thor?) for Avengers Campus at DL and Dinoland. I just can't see Disney leaving DAK with nothing for the next few years.

HK Disney's probably done, but there's still value in Shanghai. I think they just started building something new in Toy Story Land as seen on themeparx.

Give @tommyhawkins his credit ;)

we talk about D23 on new episode of Eticket Report.

Couple of things to add to the conversation in general.

The only thing that would keep Chapek up at night, is Disney+ failing in the next three years, not how theme park fans treat him.

And dropping a Tron date in Sept for a ride thats well ready by then is not the lead time theyd need to get a bump for the 50th. im shocked they didnt use today to announce it.

I'm expecting a final timeline/target date for the final Epcot plans, probably not the Play pavilion unless its gotten a new IP overlay, new DVC potentially coming to the north of the Grand Floridian, maybe a new show replacement for Little Mermaid at DHS, Fantasmic details if it hasn't opened by then and I believe Disney has a 2nd new cruise ship coming soon - probably a name reveal.

The two "big" items I'm expecting are Cosmic Rewind (probably rethemed to... Thor?) for Avengers Campus at DL and Dinoland. I just can't see Disney leaving DAK with nothing for the next few years.
Rewind doesnt fit, but a certain other ride does

My expectations are in check but I hope they announce something new for each WDW park. Something like the canceled Main Street Theater would be nice for the MK.

AK needs a new land asap but the theme of it would be a mystery to me.Maybe a Jungle Book area with nice E ticket dark ride and some minor additions.

HS would get another attraction as well but as far as where it would be I’m still trying to figure that out.

Epcot would have the Mary Poppins project restarted with a decent ride system not a carousel. Also I know this is not happening but maybe a new pavilion. Figment and Spaceship Earth getting some love would be nice to.

A bunch of Parks & Experiences panels announced today. Sunday, September 11th at 10:30 am pst is the big one.

Inside Look at the Society of Explorers and Adventurers
Friday, Sept. 9, 10:30 a.m., Backlot Stage
An inside look at the continuing development of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers — what it means in the Disney parks and how these stories continue to grow. Disney Imagineers are joined by Julie Kagawa to talk about her first two books in a series of novels that tie into the lore of S.E.A.

A Peek Behind the Curtain at the Walt Disney Imagineering Illusions and Special Effects Development Lab
Saturday, September 10, 10 a.m., Walt Disney Archives Stage
Learn about the legacy of Walt Disney Imagineering’s Illusions and Special Effects Development Lab, including the work created by Yale Gracey for the Haunted Mansion and other early projects, plus a behind-the-curtain look at the present-day magical process that is so unique to Imagineering.

Uncovering Treasures from the Marty Sklar Collection
Saturday, September 10, 12 p.m., Walt Disney Archives Stage
Join Walt Disney Imagineering Ambassador Bob Weis and Leah and Leslie Sklar, the wife and daughter of the late Disney Legend and Imagineer Marty Sklar, as they discuss some of the treasures they’ve discovered while going through Marty’s collection from his more than 50 years with Walt Disney Imagineering.

Magic in the Air: 30 Years of The Muppet Christmas Carol
Saturday, September 10, 1 p.m., Premiere Stage
Celebrate 30 years of The Muppet Christmas Carol with The Muppets and other special guests.

Dreaming, Designing, and Bringing to Life the Disney Wish
Saturday, September 10, 4 p.m., Backlot Stage
Walt Disney Imagineers fresh off the launch of the newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet—the Disney Wish—talk about their experiences bringing this ship to life. From the wondrously themed spaces, imaginative kids’ clubs, and the first-ever Disney attraction at sea, the ship brings to life fantastical stories you know and love like never before.

Walt Disney Imagineering: 70 Years of Making the Impossible, Possible
Sunday, September 11, 1 p.m., Premiere Stage
For seven decades, the magic-makers at Walt Disney Imagineering have blended limitless imagination with cutting-edge technology to create groundbreaking experiences that bring together families and friends to form lifelong memories. Join Imagineers past and present as they discuss the core elements of storytelling and innovation that bring dreams to life for guests from all around the world.

A Boundless Future: Disney Parks Experiences and Products
Sunday, September 11, at 10:30 a.m., Hall D23
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro will take to the Hall D23 stage for A Boundless Future: Disney Parks Experiences and Products to share a look at new details of highly anticipated projects in development around the world. The fan-favorite presentation is sure to feature see-it-here-first moments and special surprises.

The World of Duffy & Friends Revealed
Sunday, September 11, 4:15 p.m., Hyperion Stage
Disney Imagineers discuss the origin and continuing popularity of Duffy & Friends, including the newest friend who has become a global phenomenon—LinaBell!

No teasing at all of anything even hinting at new projects for the Parks panel, so I expect it to be filled with details about announced/under-construction stuff.

Which is what my expectation level has been at for quite some time.

No teasing at all of anything even hinting at new projects for the Parks panel, so I expect it to be filled with details about announced/under-construction stuff.

Which is what my expectation level has been at for quite some time.
I think Disney has learned their lesson with teasing new projects too early.

Hahaha! An entire panel on Duffy and Friends. What's next "Magical Popcorn Buckets and Where to Find Them"?
A Duffy Panel would be a headliner at D23 Expo Japan. Stateside, where we basically haven't had him for pretty much a decade (because Americans weren't receptive to him), it makes no sense.

A Duffy Panel would be a headliner at D23 Expo Japan. Stateside, where we basically haven't had him for pretty much a decade (because Americans weren't receptive to him), it makes no sense.

I’m not sure who posted the tweet , but I read that they’re planning a US Duffy and Friends re-rollout. Someone said that was revealed during a merch event for the Disney Wish.

I’m not sure who posted the tweet , but I read that they’re planning a US Duffy and Friends re-rollout. Someone said that was revealed during a merch event for the Disney Wish.
Could you imagine if they gave Duffy a big push and gave him a Disney+ series of animated shorts or something? I mean, if you're gonna re-introduce a character, that's how you do it and get the character exposed to as many people as possible so people know who the hell Duffy is when they visit the parks.

Could you imagine if they gave Duffy a big push and gave him a Disney+ series of animated shorts or something? I mean, if you're gonna re-introduce a character, that's how you do it and get the character exposed to as many people as possible so people know who the hell Duffy is when they visit the parks.

I’d be all for that - it would be the perfect way to do it. The characters are fun and have their own personalities. I hope they wouldn’t do it in the style of short they have on the Disney Parks YouTube channel… it’s kinda creepy lol.