D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really didn't want this to become a Marvel thread :p

I do think they'll consider putting Avatar in the Simba Lot just because it would be inconvenient to reconfigure the Hollywood Backlot for anything more than a miniland. There's not as much space back there as people think and the concept art suggest much grander plans.

Really didn't want this to become a Marvel thread :p

I do think they'll consider putting Avatar in the Simba Lot just because it would be inconvenient to reconfigure the Hollywood Backlot for anything more than a miniland. There's not as much space back there as people think and the concept art suggest much grander plans.
The only issue with that is we are then 6+years away from that then

DCA will hopefully do something with Hollywood land and the area because DCA needs some new attractions sooner then later.

D23 is also where I expect Disney will show off the MCU slate of movies and D+ series post Secret Wars.
I would be very surprised if we get anything definitive for movies beyond 2027 (still three years away) other than perhaps a hard date for the first new X-MEN movie.

I expect titles to be announced for the already claimed remaining release dates in 2026 and 2027 (the movies between and on either side of DOOMSDAY and SECRET WARS).

The only issue with that is we are then 6+years away from that then

DCA will hopefully do something with Hollywood land and the area because DCA needs some new attractions sooner then later.
TBA was almost 4 years from announcement to opening at WDW, and 4 years and counting for DL. I’m having a hard time seeing a proper Avatar land in Anaheim before 2029-30, especially considering the long timeline the movies are on.

I keep coming back to a gut feeling that they’re going to pull the same blue sky schtick for anything domestically beyond AK at WDW except for maybe a night parade (because they desperately need something to market next year) and the Avengers E-ticket for DCA. And the Reflections do-over. The 60 billion figure is approaching a year old - the narrative (aka, Wall Street acceptance) around that may change if the quarterly results announced this week are as rough as Comcast’s. I just feel like they’re going to try to thread the needle of looking like they have grand plans without actually committing to that grand of plans.

Reactions: Mad Dog
TBA was almost 4 years from announcement to opening at WDW, and 4 years and counting for DL. I’m having a hard time seeing a proper Avatar land in Anaheim before 2029-30, especially considering the long timeline the movies are on.

I keep coming back to a gut feeling that they’re going to pull the same blue sky schtick for anything domestically beyond AK at WDW except for maybe a night parade (because they desperately need something to market next year) and the Avengers E-ticket for DCA. And the Reflections do-over. The 60 billion figure is approaching a year old - the narrative (aka, Wall Street acceptance) around that may change if the quarterly results announced this week are as rough as Comcast’s. I just feel like they’re going to try to thread the needle of looking like they have grand plans without actually committing to that grand of plans.
I agree. Disney promises and brags a lot, but bottom line, they're slaves to their investors' whims, and stuff gets cancelled if the quarterly reports are bleak.