Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Deadpool would be such a great movie to explore the multiverse with. He can make fun of different actors playing the same role, or even the same actor playing different roles. Like have Chris Evans show up as Johnny storm and DP can call him Captain America. Just so many possibilities there.

Its funny with all the rumors of who is going to appear in this film......Dam the Avengers film are going to be insane with Cameo's

Give this film the time it needs

They started filming when they could not inprove lines....which is literally is how Deadpool feels as a character. So I hope they take their time when filming starts again....and like 99% certain the film will in some way reference the strike

Reactions: GA-MBIT
It's insane to me that we haven't seen or heard of Captain America in almost 3 years now. Isn't this supposed to be one of our new leads? Where's Shang-Chi?

I'm sure Deadpool 3 will be some amount of fun, but will it be able to capture the same energy it did in 2016 when an R-Rated superhero film was still novel? I thought DP2 was kinda samey and not as interesting as the first and that was only 3 years out, DP3 will be arriving 8 years after the original.

I also doubt that Crossover comedy Deadpool 3 is gonna be the film to finally start to reunify the MCU after Phases 4-5, which they frankly have a limited time to start doing before Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars. We really need a Civil War-type film to tie together these loose plot threads, but I don't know if The Marvels, Deadpool 3, Blade, or Fantastic Four are gonna be the places for it. Captain America could be it, or it could just be an unrelated solo film. After that, it's three Avengers movies practically in a row. Ant-Man and/or Doctor Strange 2 should've been the unifying stories but it seems like they'll just be throwing it all together in the end a la The Avengers film at the end of Phase 1. Except this time it's not 6 heroes but 40 that they will have to expect we don't know everything about. What a messy few phases.

It's insane to me that we haven't seen or heard of Captain America in almost 3 years now. Isn't this supposed to be one of our new leads? Where's Shang-Chi?

I'm sure Deadpool 3 will be some amount of fun, but will it be able to capture the same energy it did in 2016 when an R-Rated superhero film was still novel? I thought DP2 was kinda samey and not as interesting as the first and that was only 3 years out, DP3 will be arriving 8 years after the original.

I also doubt that Crossover comedy Deadpool 3 is gonna be the film to finally start to reunify the MCU after Phases 4-5, which they frankly have a limited time to start doing before Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars. We really need a Civil War-type film to tie together these loose plot threads, but I don't know if The Marvels, Deadpool 3, Blade, or Fantastic Four are gonna be the places for it. Captain America could be it, or it could just be an unrelated solo film. After that, it's three Avengers movies practically in a row. Ant-Man and/or Doctor Strange 2 should've been the unifying stories but it seems like they'll just be throwing it all together in the end a la The Avengers film at the end of Phase 1. Except this time it's not 6 heroes but 40 that they will have to expect we don't know everything about. What a messy few phases.
It's insane Shang Chi wasn't in anything how many people seemed to like his film

He could have easily be added to Dr Strange or something to remind us he is around.

As for Dead Pool, I just hope it's closer to the first film the second film really didn't work for me that much outside some gag's here and there the first one really works better as a film

We really need a Civil War-type film to tie together these loose plot threads, but I don't know if The Marvels, Deadpool 3, Blade, or Fantastic Four are gonna be the places for it.
I believe both Captain America and Thunderbolts are meant to be precisely that: films that divulge into the aftermaths of stuff like that of Eternals with the Celestial corpse Tiamut.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Maybe not the exact thread for it, and I know everyone is on the anti-MCU train now, but man Phase 4-5 have fumbled real hard for me. My favorite part of the MCU is watching these stories and character arcs connect and there has been so little of that so far. It's mostly just been individual origin stories or solo adventures and those were my least favorite parts of Phases 1-3 (Thor 1&2, Ant-Man 1&2, Captain Marvel, Black Panther). It's the Homecoming, Ragnarok, Civil War, The Winter Soldier that really made me fall in love with it all and it's so strange how little has actually felt connected so far. No amount of Avenger Babies or fanservice for Fox/Sonyverse properties can take the place of actual good writing and consistent plotting towards the larger end goal.

Why ruin the impact of Vision's death in IW if you aren't even going to use White Vision for years anyway? How has no one talked about the whole Celestial battle? Why could Thor transfer his Thor abilities to a bunch of kids but not the Avengers against Thanos? Why was Bucky not at T'Challa's funeral after everything including and up to F&WS? Why did Wanda abruptly jump a character beat into being an admittedly fun but character assasination-y villain role? Why has no character in Phase 4-5 gotten a sequel to continue their character arc outside of Loki which is literally outside of the core MCU timeline? The answer to all of these and more is that Feige is overworked and Disney+ was a mistake.

Maybe not the exact thread for it, and I know everyone is on the anti-MCU train now, but man Phase 4-5 have fumbled real hard for me. My favorite part of the MCU is watching these stories and character arcs connect and there has been so little of that so far. It's mostly just been individual origin stories or solo adventures and those were my least favorite parts of Phases 1-3 (Thor 1&2, Ant-Man 1&2, Captain Marvel, Black Panther). It's the Homecoming, Ragnarok, Civil War, The Winter Soldier that really made me fall in love with it all and it's so strange how little has actually felt connected so far. No amount of Avenger Babies or fanservice for Fox/Sonyverse properties can take the place of actual good writing and consistent plotting towards the larger end goal.

Why ruin the impact of Vision's death in IW if you aren't even going to use White Vision for years anyway? How has no one talked about the whole Celestial battle? Why could Thor transfer his Thor abilities to a bunch of kids but not the Avengers against Thanos? Why was Bucky not at T'Challa's funeral after everything including and up to F&WS? Why did Wanda abruptly jump a character beat into being an admittedly fun but character assasination-y villain role? Why has no character in Phase 4-5 gotten a sequel to continue their character arc outside of Loki which is literally outside of the core MCU timeline? The answer to all of these and more is that Feige is overworked and Disney+ was a mistake.
Agreed

Part of the issue is they are introducing too many new characters. Blade voice was introduced years ago...and nothing. Thanos Brother nothing.....We literally had Thor 4 and NO Moonknight even though he is connected to a god.

MCU has set up too many things and yet to follow through on much.

Id argue COVID also has a heavy hand in playing the delayed effect and in turn, subsequent drop off that has occured.
To a point but we are getting the Marvels....and unless it does it will have nothingggggg to do with Eternal's.
Shang Chi is in nothing,
Moon Knight had an easy Cameo if not fun....fight they could have had in Thor 4.
White Vision is gone until they choose other wise,
No Captain America in anything

We've also gotten a ton of other characters in after credit stuff and Young Avengers were suppose to be apart of Antman 3 ending...but the studio choose to make that movie end with nothing bad happening and no reason for them to gather

It feels like Marvel has nooooooo plan, because Phase 2 but especially phase 3 did an amazing job of crossing characters. Dr Strange with Thor and BP and Spiderman in Civil War