Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If it IS Starbucks, I wouldn't be surprised, considering IOA is getting one, and they maybe struck a deal that USH could get one too.

Although I'd honestly prefer if it was a unique dining location and not just coffee

Reactions: William
I do miss cyberdyme but it will be fun having DM as I love the movie. Not close to T2 sadly but I do miss the show and I will also have fun pnce DM opens.. :)

The simulator idea seems to be the only thing Universal is interested in, unfortunately.

God knows I love Universal, very much, but every time I visit Disneyland, I can't help but wish Universal would take a lead from Disney. Disney isn't perfect, but they do some things better, such as theme and a variety of different types of rides. I just went to Disneyland last Saturday with a newbie originally born in Oregon and now lives with us in SoCal. She had only ever been to Universal (my brother works there and gets free tickets). After maybe 30 minutes of walking in Disneyland, she immediately noticed the difference, specifically with the theming. "This is WAY better than Universal!", she said.

If I had it my way, I'd get the Team Members new uniforms, especially the merchandise Team Members. All of their uniforms look the same! It should be different, according to the store they work in. The attraction uniforms for Mummy and Simpsons have got to go. The Simpsons one looks so generic and Mummy Team Members remind me of ninjas. Jurassic Park TMs look decent and the Transformers uniform is awesome, so no complaint there.

The simulator rides are fun, no doubt, but they shouldn't dominate the park, especially when we have space for only a few rides. Universal needs to get more creative. I think they're trying to do better with the transitioning of themes in the park (new Simpsons expansion, Despicable Me "land", Potter), but it could definitely better. I just wish we had the space. That was the main thing I noticed when I first visited Universal three years ago. The transitioning of theme was seriously lacking. I also think Waterworld needs to go. That show is amazing, but every time I watch it, I feel like I jumped into a time machine, taking me back to the 90's. We need new things.

I hope Universal can get a leader in the future who cares more about these things. I love the park and I have no plans on discontinuing my visits, but I believe some things should be done.

Sorry for ranting haha.

Facade is moving quickly. Gru's neighbor's houses (on the left) have siding on them. Roofing shingles on the last house on the left went up today. Gru's house is done frame-wise and the house is basically waiting for shingles and brick facing. Miss Hattie's got a door installed and the show building is being painted blue (sky most likely).

Facade is moving quickly. Gru's neighbor's houses (on the left) have siding on them. Roofing shingles on the last house on the left went up today. Gru's house is done frame-wise and the house is basically waiting for shingles and brick facing. Miss Hattie's got a door installed and the show building is being painted blue (sky most likely).
I'm hoping that they're painting it sky blue and putting clouds over it, like Vector's house in the first film. I love the hiding in plain sight gag and would be perfect for DM:MM.

25f3eye.jpg

It does look cheesy but it's kinda funny. It's probably what they're doing anyway, as a reference to the first movie or not. I mean, what ELSE could they do, you know?

(If it was up to me, I'd project moving clouds. But...hey, that's just me ;) )

Haha, the day they can create a projector that can work in broad daylight is the day that many A/V contractors rejoice!

Last edited by a moderator: