DHS Pixar Expansion/Sound Stage 1 | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

DHS Pixar Expansion/Sound Stage 1

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhh not for nothing - but DHS does have some great restaurants.

Good point, I love me some 50's Prime Time Cafe and I heard that Mama Melrose is really good too, although I haven't eaten there yet.

:lol:

I agree they SHOULD announce something - but would we be surprised if they didn't based on everything as of late?

As far as DHS Full-Day.... DHS has 5 rides and 5 shows; do people want to sit through alllllll the shows? :lol:
Not unless they're really adamant about getting their money's worth (and even then, it's $10/attraction... not really that great of a deal :lol:)

lol, the majority of the time I don't even see one show.

Yeah, the last E Ticket the MK got opened 4 years before my oldest daughter was born. She is starting her second year in college.
While I agree it's sad that it's been that long for MK, MK isn't the park that needs new rides. Adding rides to MK right now will actually only make the overcrowding/capacity nightmares WORSE (imo, what MK needs is new entertainment - nighttime parade, fireworks, castle show, etc).

DHS, Epcot and DAK need to be dealt with in major ways before MK gets anything big again. Let's not forget, in the same way it's been 23 years since Splash opened, it's been 20 years since the last E-ticket opened at Disneyland Park (Indiana Jones). When it comes to theme parks, especially the big ones, it's a balancing act. Having one theme park that has so much more to do than the rest of your resort isn't a good thing at all.

Having one theme park that has so much more to do than the rest of your resort isn't a good thing at all.

I don't think the problem is MK has "more" to do. It's that it's the only park most people have any DESIRE to do. I don't need, or want, the others to have the same amount of stuff to do. I like being able to take breaks outside the parks on days at DHS and DAK. But the problems is DHS and Epcot are filled with crap no one really has any desire to do.

I don't think the problem is MK has "more" to do. It's that it's the only park most people have any DESIRE to do. I don't need, or want, the others to have the same amount of stuff to do. I like being able to take breaks outside the parks on days at DHS and DAK. But the problems is DHS and Epcot are filled with crap no one really has any desire to do.
Well, i'm not saying we should just abandon MK for the next 20 years and build up those parks to be at the MK level... it's never going to happen nor should it.

My point was just because an E-ticket hasn't been built at a specific park in a certain period of time doesn't mean anything when the park is bursting at the seams and the other parks are surviving on festivals. MK doesn't need an E right now. Let's fix the parks that need help the most, spread the crowds around a bit and THEN give MK it's E-ticket.

Can we all agree that the reason to all this is a great lack of interest from the BOD. Because if they truly have an interest to be the best of best (not just by saying it), won't you think they would start to build something major by tomorrow? We all know they can do it, they just don't have an interest. Look at Sea World as they keep loosing money in a daily basis, but still building Mako. So they can talk about big budget and even change the name of the Studios, but nothing to look forward to. The same with Diagon Alley, as soon Disney people saw the product they immidiately double the budget for Avatar.... for what? it's not going to be finished earlier "even though it can be" and they are not adding anything major.... so for what? to feed your ego to say you can? The Studios will stay lame until someone with some interest in theme parks business gets on top.

Reactions: Shadow Carelli
"Bursting at the seams". What is meant by this? Because capacity and attractions are closed or people are coming in record numbers?

Exactly. I do think HP is helping to bring the crowds into Orlando and since they are there many still want to go to Disney and so they choose mk since dhs sucks. And mk is busting at the seems and new attractions there won't help so I just think there hand is being forced to do this expansion so they don't leave money on the table.

Do they dare avoid announcing additions to DHS at D23 this year? It doesn't seem possible. With at least four guest areas closed/closing, construction must be imminent. By the time the next expo rolls around it's likely everyone will already know what's coming.

With the new Star Wars film and two Pixar films this year, it seems like the perfect time to announce these expansions. The only concern will be attendance dipping as people hold off until the new attractions open.

Status
Not open for further replies.