Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dinosaur Meet-and-Greet/Raptor Encounter

because they could? lol... I still have yet to go to the park & check the raptor(s) out, but when I saw this pic yesterday I was like "MUST. GO. NOW." :lol:

yea, you'll also notice the color difference between the two as well. One being 'brown' the other being 'green'.

I still think they look so derpy and laughable :/ I know it's fun for everyone, but I'm still extremely underwhelmed by the raptor suites simply cuz I know more realistic and better proportioned costumes are readily available. Still cool tho.

^yea when my friend told me there was a green one & a brown one I responded with "Oh, I didn't know there was two different ones. I thought it was just 'derpy 1 & derpy 2'". I'm glad we have the addition to the lower lot because the park needs more photo-ops, but these things do look awful. I'm sure the "Dino Handlers" have a lot of fun though.

Here is a pic from Sunday night and two from today... I gotta say, the raptor performers are definitely a lot better now than when they first debuted. For the most part, their movements are pretty fluid & they're definitely a lot more playfully aggressive. The costumes are still pretty terrible, especially the arms. However, I would love to see these Raptors set loose on the Lower Lot around the JP area. They'd definitely send guests running haha... Too bad we can't have one of these raptors show up in the JPRA queue, that'd be awesome... okay, here are said pics.

UxOLs3C.jpg

9FP2JRH.jpg

OMhQ9dr.jpg

The Raptor Attack show is something that would be extremely difficult to bring to a daytime audience as the amount of space they need to perform the show is large. I am not sure we will ever see this again in the near future. We need a larger Jurassic Park land!

Pardon my mistake, as Blue didn't debut during the 25th anniversary celebration.

However, I have been told that Blue finally Made the jump to USH with a new raptor design than previous (in terms of mold).

Keep an eye on Social Media as she now hunts at USH.

Pardon my mistake, as Blue didn't debut during the 25th anniversary celebration.

However, I have been told that Blue finally Made the jump to USH with a new raptor design than previous (in terms of mold).

Keep an eye on Social Media as she now hunts at USH.
The new raptor design looks much better imo. The legs are now connected to the rest of the body. The metal collar is also gone along with the chains. Blue also looks like how she does in the movies.

I'm very curious to see how the new Raptor Encounter turns out... Poor Blue is making appearances next to the starway behind the waittime display sign right now during construction. I wonder if it will be fairly basic like the original themed set-up or something even more elaborate & flashy to match the newly revamped ride.

Oh just a little heads up for anyone that didn't know by now.... but Blue isn't going to be our only meet-n-greet when Jurassic World (re)opens.

rQRId2l.jpg

Universal Singapore & Orlando have done this same style meet-n-greet in their Jurassic Park areas with a baby triceratops..

#Rumor we could also be seeing other full size dino meet-n-greets as well just like Japan. #Rumor