Disney Adventure World | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Adventure World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So question, what film is TLK ride based on? Since the concept art is clearly the CGI version, but Josh said it's based off the animated classic that debuted 30-something years ago.
I mean, it could be weird language since technically the 2019 film was also based on the animated classic.

Reactions: Nick
Splash Mountain clone or not, it's the ride Disneyland Paris needs right now. Having no water ride that actually gets you wet when Parc Astérix has four of them up the road has always felt like a missed opportunity for me.

Reactions: Jake S and Nick
Splash Mountain clone or not, it's the ride Disneyland Paris needs right now. Having no water ride that actually gets you wet when Parc Astérix has four of them up the road has always felt like a missed opportunity for me.
While I agree they need a proper water ride (the no water ride in this climate arguement is blown out of the water by Tokyo) I find it an odd choice for an IP like Lion King and also placing a water ride right next to another water ride.

This resort needs a lot more than just a Lion King Splash too.

While I agree they need a proper water ride (the no water ride in this climate arguement is blown out of the water by Tokyo) I find it an odd choice for an IP like Lion King and also placing a water ride right next to another water ride.

This resort needs a lot more than just a Lion King Splash too.
I'm not saying the resort doesn't need more than just this, I'm just saying that if they had to pick one thing, then this was the right pick. There's been massive lines to the water fountains this past few weeks because of the heat. The resort needs rides that can cool guests off.

In regards to the placement, I mean... with the way the park is laid out, it's not like it could've really gone anywhere else except around the lake. The only other option would've been to ship it over to the other park (and even then the only logical placement there is the empty area next to Pirates, another boat ride).

Reactions: Jake S
I'm not saying the resort doesn't need more than just this, I'm just saying that if they had to pick one thing, then this was the right pick. There's been massive lines to the water fountains this past few weeks because of the heat. The resort needs rides that can cool guests off.

In regards to the placement, I mean... with the way the park is laid out, it's not like it could've really gone anywhere else except around the lake. The only other option would've been to ship it over to the other park (and even then the only logical placement there is the empty area next to Pirates, another boat ride).
My only thing is I kinda wish they were doing full on lands all around the lagoon. One ride does not a land equal. Although I bet that they’ll bring Festival of the Lion King here as well if I had to guess.

Reactions: Jamesh22 and Jake S
My only thing is I kinda wish they were doing full on lands all around the lagoon. One ride does not a land equal.
I agree with this. As much as I think Toy Story Playland could really use an anchor attraction as opposed to just a bunch of flats, the fact that there are a bunch of flats and thus options to go around makes it feel more like an area to get lost in as opposed to glorified entrance plazas like World of Frozen and now Pride Lands that most people will enter once and then move past once they're done with the main event. The latter two are/will be way more pleasing from an aesthetic perspective, but a few more things to do, even small things, would improve them immensely.

Reactions: Nick and Jake S
I think this is a land that just isn't suited to interpretation in a model. I'm sure the real life version will look fantastic but the model isn't selling it.