Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Cruise Line

Has anyone been on the Disney Dream? I am going later this month (for my birthday)!

My family wants to know if they do anything special for birthdays?

You can pay to have your room decorated (I remember a banner and lots of confetti) and have a cake waiting in the room for your arrival.

From Disney Parks Blog

Disney Cruise Line Will Sail to Jamaica for the First Time in 2013
Disney Parks Blog fans, we want you to be the first to know…Disney Cruise Line is headed to Jamaica next year! That’s right, for the first time ever we’ll call on this beautiful tropical island during select Caribbean sailings from Texas.

The new seven-night Western Caribbean cruises stopping at Jamaica will depart from Galveston in late 2013. In addition to Falmouth, Jamaica, these voyages will call on Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico.

So what are some of the best things to do in Jamaica? Nature lovers can snorkel the turquoise waters and relax on the beautiful beaches…take a bamboo raft ride along the Martha Brae River for exceptional views of the island’s lush tropical scenery…or visit nearby Ocho Rios to see the spectacular Dunn’s River Falls.

If you’re looking to experience the history and culture of Jamaica, you can explore Falmouth, one of the Caribbean’s best-preserved Georgian towns. Whether you take a trip through time on a horse-and-buggy ride, shop for arts and crafts or indulge in a meal with Jamaica’s signature jerk recipes, you’ll most definitely enjoy your time in this quaint port town.

What’s your favorite Caribbean port of call?

A tale as old as time gets ready to take the stage with “Beauty and the Beast,” a brand-new musical production aboard the Disney Dreams ship, beginning this November. Here's a unique behind the scenes look at the production.

All New "Beauty and the Beast" Production on Disney Dream - Disney Cruise Line:

A tale as old as time gets ready to take the stage with “Beauty and the Beast,” a brand-new musical production aboard the Disney Dreams ship, beginning this November. Here's a unique behind the scenes look at the production.

All New "Beauty and the Beast" Production on Disney Dream - Disney Cruise Line:

Really love the music box concept for this, and it looks like they're executing it beautifully! I'm actually very excited to see this design come to fruition.

Is the Magic lost? If not, then how did I snap this blurry picture of it?

twV3pla.jpg

I didn't realize this thread existed until now. Thoughts on the design for the new class of ships? My entire family does one of these once every 4 years or so. I'm very excited to see what these new ships have to offer.

One thing I noticed immediately was the two bumps on the side of the ship. One would think those are going to = larger staterooms in those areas.
1650x928

I didn't realize this thread existed until now. Thoughts on the design for the new class of ships? My entire family does one of these once every 4 years or so. I'm very excited to see what these new ships have to offer.

One thing I noticed immediately was the two bumps on the side of the ship. One would think those are going to = larger staterooms in those areas.
1650x928

Mid ship is always desirable. You’re lucky you get to go. Disney cruises are fun- I can’t justify the price tag- it’s so insanely overpriced (2.5-4x the cost of something like royal Caribbean) that I did it once- and never again until a recession hits. :)

1650x928

A lot of times, hump cabins just have bigger balconies.

Mid ship is always desirable. You’re lucky you get to go. Disney cruises are fun- I can’t justify the price tag- it’s so insanely overpriced (2.5-4x the cost of something like royal Caribbean) that I did it once- and never again until a recession hits. :)

To me a Disney cruise is something I'd like to say I've done just to experience it but I think after it, I'll probably never do it again.