Disney Enchantment | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Enchantment

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll put my Imagineering hat on as the song "the magic is in you" is fine but it's a testament it isn't in Disney Imagineering anymore.
The 50 years WDW show in Magic Kingdom should be in 3 parts.
1 How it started:
We hear Walt's voice as he pitches WDW on the tv special. During that we see the castle being sketched in black and white. We see a steel frame getting in place and Mickey building the castle brick by brick but soon we have many Mickey's building it to completion. During that sequence we start to see small, white fireworks that slowly get more. When the castle is finished it's in full color and the sky is lit with a lot of colorful fireworks.
2 The attractions:
We get the voice of Marry Blair and see It's a Small World as it would look as it was build as a castle. Sections of the castle open up to see the dolls from the ride and we hear the music. Fireworks matching the music and the tone of the attraction will be complimenting the visuals.
The same goes for Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan (look Tinker Bell!), and on and on (at least one segment from each land of the park and one former Imagineer as a voice).
3 The Future
We want to thank you for your support and keep Disney in your harts for over 50 years and we will go for at least another 50 years! Who knows what the future will bring? We hear say that Walt said the park is never going to stop changing, that it never will be finished and we will keep that promise.
We get a Princes and the Frog Splash Mountain sequence and a Tron sequence (cool).
Then we go back to the castle, sparkling with a ton of firework and the end song based on the dedication text for Magic Kingdom.

Now start crying and buy the bloody t-shirt.
Yeah but where is the IP merchandise synergy? How will Middle America know that this is Disney if you don't see the exact same 5-6 characters that were clearly chosen by a focus group as the most profitable every 36 seconds?

What's crazy is the show was written for them (basically) to celebrate the Magic Kingdom

In an effort to do something, idk, different they ended up doing something hodgepodge

Also, this reeks of someone saying "we really want the show to celebrate where we are going, it's fitting for our 50th that everyone sees the future" or some dumb nonsense

Sure, it's great to include new films in the line up...but unfortunately Pixar has been a snooze fest for the last few years

Again, I think it would have been better to just celebrate the iconic rides that they have in a modernized version of Remember: Dreams Come True

I liked the show in person, but agree with the basic sentiments that everyone has shared. Doing a 50th anniversary show should be a tribute to what came before and what’s coming up. This show was not that….

I liked the show in person, but agree with the basic sentiments that everyone has shared. Doing a 50th anniversary show should be a tribute to what came before and what’s coming up. This show was not that….
Yeah, I’m person it’s fine, but it could’ve been so much more.

I have confirmation myself that this is happening as well. CM's I know who work at MK say that after the park is closed they've been testing this new part of the show. It's likely to debut right after the D23 Expo when I believe the 100th anniversary celebration will be starting.

Bizarre that the tribute to Walt and the early history of WDW will arrive as the 50th Anniversary celebration is ending.

But it seems like Disney has heard the criticism of the 50th not really doing very much to celebrate that history (it really felt just like a fairly generic "Celebrate the Disney Brand!" event, outside of the Vault Collection merchandise).

Bizarre that the tribute to Walt and the early history of WDW will arrive as the 50th Anniversary celebration is ending.

But it seems like Disney has heard the criticism of the 50th not really doing very much to celebrate that history (it really felt just like a fairly generic "Celebrate the Disney Brand!" event, outside of the Vault Collection merchandise).
Yea I have to agree it’s very odd to wait till now to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87

Yea I have to agree it’s very odd to wait till now to do that now.
As I said, the Walt stuff is being added soon for the company 100th celebration.

Why there wasn’t anything for WDW’s 50th in this show ever is the puzzling part. You can celebrate the 50th in the show without a Walt archival recording or something. I’d more want a 50th segment focusing on the original attractions, anyway.

My feelings toward them bringing back Happily Ever After must be how Horizons people feel

I bet the 100th show is going to be full of Walt quotes...A deeply ironic show of course

My feelings toward them bringing back Happily Ever After must be how Horizons people feel

I bet the 100th show is going to be full of Walt quotes...A deeply ironic show of course
My hope is that after the 100th they bring it back. It would be an extremely cheap way to attract crowds (call it the Disneyland method). Maybe update the characters in some of the scenes to show newer characters, but that’s about it. Jordan Fischer is campaigning to get it back last I saw, too :lol:

Reactions: shiekra38
My hope is that after the 100th they bring it back. It would be an extremely cheap way to attract crowds (call it the Disneyland method). Maybe update the characters in some of the scenes to show newer characters, but that’s about it. Jordan Fischer is campaigning to get it back last I saw, too :lol:
I don't know what team designed that one, but they really hit the "perfect MK show" button

Fischer *should* be campaigning, it's the best Disney theme park song written in years

Reactions: Nick
I don't know what team designed that one, but they really hit the "perfect MK show" button

Fischer *should* be campaigning, it's the best Disney theme park song written in years
Agreed on the song. I literally just put it on every now and then just because.

Pro Tip: If you’re staying at a WDW resort, you can watch the HEA pro shot straight from the Disney On Demand feature using the in room TV. This is also on YouTube, but I found it fun to watch with fireworks going off in the background at the Poly.

Reactions: shiekra38
Pro Tip: If you’re staying at a WDW resort, you can watch the HEA pro shot straight from the Disney On Demand feature using the in room TV. This is also on YouTube, but I found it fun to watch with fireworks going off in the background at the Poly.

What is the HEA pro shot?