Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't get the feeling that Comcast is gonna make it on time. The DOJ is already close to set on approving the Disney/Fox deal and Comcast might not convince Fox shareholders how they're far worthy than Disney. Plus, many analysts feels that it's better for Comcast to simply back off the Fox bid or abandon the Sky deal because it would put them not just in an enormous amount of debt, but thereby threatening the financial and credit stability of the company. Just when we thought that Disney might be put at the disadvantage, instead, they gain the upper hand and and it is Comcast which has a couple of days to counter bid, but I really doubt it will happen because of the company's serious debt issue.

To note, Bloomberg is seeming to suggest of the Possibility of Comcast just going after Sony's Film/Television departments, if Comcast fails to acquire 21CF.

With Fox, Comcast CEO Faces Biggest Decision Since NBC Deal - Bloomberg

Sure, but it's peanuts in comparison to Fox. Sony isn't really looking to sell off its film and TV divisions anytime soon.

Sure, but it's peanuts in comparison to Fox. Sony isn't really looking to sell off its film and TV divisions anytime soon.

If i'm not mistaken, there actually was rampant speculation and discussion of the possibility when Sony began to change management.

On the small scale, yeah, it'd be small, but I would argue the boon that'd come from that, is all of what Sony Film/TV has for Foreign.

It wouldn't be a Fox, but it can get them to new outlets and area's that they haven't had the chance for previously.

Reactions: jtsalien
So say Disney gets Fox (and part of Sky). That would put Disney at 60% ownership of Hulu, but Comcast would still own 30%. Do you guys think we could see a Sky for Hulu (and maybe the distribution rights to Hulk?) swap if it turns out that way? It works out well for both companies.

I’m all for Comcast backing off now and just take sky’s 60 percent. This acts as a bargaining chip against your Hulu share. I think the price has gotten a little out of hand let disney have it as they need it more right now. Then you two flush out a deal between sky and Hulu; they take Hulu and have a streaming platform to distribute all content from(they desire) and Comcast takes sky a broadband cable provider(already have experience at). An actual win win. Now with all that money you didn’t have to spend well go get Sony/Columbia Spider-Man, Jumanji, MIB, Ghostbuster, etc rights come with. Some say they may not be looking to sell but at the right price they will. Remember Sony doesn’t need their entertainment division as there money makers are technology so they might be willing to part and at pennies on the dollar next to fox’s price. Or you can make a play at Viacom who will be very likely as their owning company(national amusements) has been trying to merge it with their other cbs corporation but with push back from them. Viacom could be swept up for a ballpark of around 13-15 billion and that gets you a massive channel selection and film rights like mission impossible, transformers(no more licensing), ninja turtles, heh top gun, and the nicholodeon brand/studios. Almost sounds like a bargain and for 60 billion dollars less. Just some food for thought is all

Also debt concerns wold alleviated quite a bit not altogether but 120 billion sounds better than 170-180

Did Comcast or Disney try to get Time Warner before AT&T?
TW's CEO was basically shopping TW as a whole company. Apple, Amazon, AT&T, and Verizon were sniffing around before AT&T sealed the deal.

The problem for Comcast and Disney is that neither would have been able to take over Turner cable networks; way too much cable market share.

Comcast and Disney could have only taken over HBO and Warner Bros.

So say Disney gets Fox (and part of Sky). That would put Disney at 60% ownership of Hulu, but Comcast would still own 30%. Do you guys think we could see a Sky for Hulu (and maybe the distribution rights to Hulk?) swap if it turns out that way? It works out well for both companies.

I don't know about Sky, but Comcast is in no position to give up the Hulk distribution rights; that would just embolden Disney a lot more if Disney successfully acquired Fox, and would make Comcast look so weak and easily gullible.

I’m all for Comcast backing off now and just take sky’s 60 percent. This acts as a bargaining chip against your Hulu share. I think the price has gotten a little out of hand let disney have it as they need it more right now. Then you two flush out a deal between sky and Hulu; they take Hulu and have a streaming platform to distribute all content from(they desire) and Comcast takes sky a broadband cable provider(already have experience at). An actual win win. Now with all that money you didn’t have to spend well go get Sony/Columbia Spider-Man, Jumanji, MIB, Ghostbuster, etc rights come with. Some say they may not be looking to sell but at the right price they will. Remember Sony doesn’t need their entertainment division as there money makers are technology so they might be willing to part and at pennies on the dollar next to fox’s price. Or you can make a play at Viacom who will be very likely as their owning company(national amusements) has been trying to merge it with their other cbs corporation but with push back from them. Viacom could be swept up for a ballpark of around 13-15 billion and that gets you a massive channel selection and film rights like mission impossible, transformers(no more licensing), ninja turtles, heh top gun, and the nicholodeon brand/studios. Almost sounds like a bargain and for 60 billion dollars less. Just some food for thought is all

Also debt concerns wold alleviated quite a bit not altogether but 120 billion sounds better than 170-180
Still think Comcast will make at least one higher bid: probably in the $42-44 range (right around $80 billion).

If they add stock and remove cash, then I think they're in it to win it; otherwise if it's still all cash, I think they're just raising the amount Disney will pay (i.e. Disney adds more debt). I really don't think it's realistic for Comcast to aim for $200 billion in debt.

Then we'll see Comcast figure out if it wants to raise the price on Sky. I think for Comcast, even if it doesn't win the assets, if Disney ends up with $140-150 billion in total debt, that's a win for Comcast.

I don't know about Sky, but Comcast is in no position to give up the Hulk distribution rights; that would just embolden Disney a lot more if Disney successfully acquired Fox, and would make Comcast look so weak and easily gullible.
........Not really? I mean, Marvel has no plans to make a Hulk solo movie anytime soon, and considering Disney and Universal are working together on Glass, there isn't bad blood between the two studios.

Reactions: jtsalien
Still think Comcast will make at least one higher bid: probably in the $42-44 range (right around $80 billion).

If they add stock and remove cash, then I think they're in it to win it; otherwise if it's still all cash, I think they're just raising the amount Disney will pay (i.e. Disney adds more debt). I really don't think it's realistic for Comcast to aim for $200 billion in debt.

Then we'll see Comcast figure out if it wants to raise the price on Sky. I think for Comcast, even if it doesn't win the assets, if Disney ends up with $140-150 billion in total debt, that's a win for Comcast.

I think Disney comes out ahead on this even with that debt load. They really have an impressive and diverse group of companies. This diversifies further.

Comcast makes me nervous as hell if they win- the bulk of their revenue is from a diminishing product line. And supplanting fox and sky into it only further increases that. 200b could be crippling.

I want neither to win, because I think it makes disney too strong. And I think it makes Comcast too leveraged. It’s pretty lose-lose for me.