Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, if Comcast is thinking of going that high, I kinda wish this whole thing just never happened. I don't really want either company getting it with these figure being tossed around.

The impact on the parks could be huge and it could seriously delay when UOR opens their South resort if Comcast were to win.

Honestly, if Comcast is thinking of going that high, I kinda wish this whole thing just never happened. I don't really want either company getting it with these figure being tossed around.

The impact on the parks could be huge and it could seriously delay when UOR opens their South resort if Comcast were to win.
It's complicated, but it doesn't sound like Comcast would end up keeping nearly a half the assets even if they succeed here. So I don't think the predictions of $170-200 billion in debt for Comcast (with the Fox assets + Sky) are quite right.

It sounds as if they'd divest the RSNs and probably Hulu/FX/National Geographic at the least, so it's probably not going to be as much of a concern as the big numbers sound. (Just getting rid of the RSNs would reduce the cost by $19 billion).

At this point, I think Comcast is just raising the price for Disney for the main Fox assets, and then they'll try to steal 51+% of Sky on the side.

It's complicated, but it doesn't sound like Comcast would end up keeping nearly a half the assets even if they succeed here. So I don't think the predictions of $170-200 billion in debt for Comcast (with the Fox assets + Sky) are quite right.

It sounds as if they'd divest the RSNs and probably Hulu/FX/National Geographic at the least, so it's probably not going to be as much of a concern as the big numbers sound. (Just getting rid of the RSNs would reduce the cost by $19 billion).

At this point, I think Comcast is just raising the price for Disney for the main Fox assets, and then they'll try to steal 51+% of Sky on the side.

I mean, with so much commitment Comcast is putting out for the Fox's Hollywood assets, they're not gonna walk away. If they just want Sky and not the Fox's key domestic assets, they wouldn't be making big headlines about wanting to raise the offer higher a while ago. That said, it seems time is running out and only some Fox shareholders wants Murdoch and the Board to wait for Comcast's better offer, so it's gonna be really tough trying to convince the Fox board as to how they're more worthy than Disney. Just hope that Comcast doesn't come out as bitter if they want to jack up Disney's bid so much it would put the House of Mouse into financial debt they have to deal with for years.

I think Comcast is using this to jack up the price, allowing Disney to acquire Fox. Disney would most likely "slow down" while Comcast rapidly tries to catch up by providing their own Streaming Service and possibly acquiring other film studios (MGM or Paramount) and possibly partnering up with Warner Bros for the new streaming service. Warner Bros will never (at least at this point be acquired by Universal or Disney).

I think Comcast is using this to jack up the price, allowing Disney to acquire Fox. Disney would most likely "slow down" while Comcast rapidly tries to catch up by providing their own Streaming Service and possibly acquiring other film studios (MGM or Paramount) and possibly partnering up with Warner Bros for the new streaming service. Warner Bros will never (at least at this point be acquired by Universal or Disney).

Was in the works before AT&T deal closed, now up to AT&T leadership.

Not an option, since the studios you mentioned (other than WB, which is owned by AT&T) are peanuts compared to Fox. Make no mistake, Comcast isn't gonna give up on the pursuit of the Fox's entire assets. That right there is their entire dream to seize the moment of being the next Disney of the century. Although given that the odds are highly stacked against them, never say "never". Maybe Comcast has something surprising up its sleeves, but who knows they might succeed at this point.

Not an option, since the studios you mentioned (other than WB, which is owned by AT&T) are peanuts compared to Fox. Make no mistake, Comcast isn't gonna give up on the pursuit of the Fox's entire assets. That right there is their entire dream to seize the moment of being the next Disney of the century. Although given that the odds are highly stacked against them, never say "never". Maybe Comcast has something surprising up its sleeves, but who knows they might succeed at this point.

As stated by Comcast themselves, they do not care about the domestic assets. Its mainly the international stuff they want. The IPs and content is nice but they really want Sky, Star, and Fox Networks International.

As stated by Comcast themselves, they do not care about the domestic assets. Its mainly the international stuff they00000000000000000 want. The IPs and content is nice but they really want Sky, Star, and Fox Networks International.

So why bother bidding for Fox if they only care about getting the international assets? They would have dropped the bid for Fox entirely if that's the case and only go after Sky, which Fox holds stake to. Why made big headlines about wanting the Fox's Hollywood assets if they don't really care about them? That doesn't make sense.

So why bother bidding for Fox if they only care about getting the international assets? They would have dropped the bid for Fox entirely if that's the case and only go after Sky, which Fox holds stake to. Why made big headlines about wanting the Fox's Hollywood assets if they don't really care about them? That doesn't make sense.

1. Because Fox won't give it to them unless they buy the entire suite of businesses.
2. If you go back to the deal, Universal was willing to give up everything but the international assets including majority control of Hulu.
3. WSJ put out Comcast statement that they were willing to split with Disney and let them have everything but international.
4. The fact they gettting more partners to specifically split assets with them getting international says it really isn't about the domestic assets.

Fox is a company where they make most of the money overseas not in the US. That's why Comcast wants them.

Hell of an area to have to retheme, unless they went for the raze to the ground and start again.